View Full Version : Cingular 8125

substring
12-10-2005, 07:05 AM
Does anyone know when will the Cingular 8125 be available for sales? I have been calling Cingular Customer Services and they have no idea. Then I called the local Cingular store. They are totally clueless. They don't even know what is HTC. Are you kidding me?

Any tips will be very much appreciated because I would like to replace my old PDA Phone with this 8125 before Christmas.

Thanks.

Darius Wey
12-11-2005, 04:20 AM
Does anyone know when will the Cingular 8125 be available for sales? I have been calling Cingular Customer Services and they have no idea. Then I called the local Cingular store. They are totally clueless. They don't even know what is HTC. Are you kidding me?

Most customer service staff tend not to have a clue when it comes to these things. :(

Rumour is the Cingular 2125 will be released as early as Monday. I'm guessing Cingular will also release the 8125 within the same timeframe, so you could be looking at an 8125 release sometime this month (fingers-crossed). Don't take that as fact though - it's just general observations pulled from sources here and there. If we find anything concrete, it will go up on the front-page ASAP.

substring
12-11-2005, 05:54 AM
Thanks for the tips Darius Wey :) I plan to keep calling their Customer Services and bugging them every week.

From the limited information that I have read on the Internet, it seems to be a sweet device. I just don't understand why there is very little discussion on this device on all PPC/PDAPhone forums on the web.

Anyway, I trust HTC and their products. I am currently using the SX56 which was actually made by HTC but rebranded as O2 XDA and then re-rebranded as Seimens SX56.

Again, thanks for the reply. As soon as I hear anything from Cingular, I will post it here. 8)

Darius Wey
12-11-2005, 09:39 AM
I just don't understand why there is very little discussion on this device on all PPC/PDAPhone forums on the web.

Really? It happens to be one of the most discussed devices on Pocket PC sites. The 8125 is simply Cingular's tagging of the HTC Wizard. Many manufacturers have adopted this device, tweaked it, spun it, added their branding on it and sold it as their own (e.g. i-mate K-JAM, O2 Xda Mini S, Qtek 9100, etc.). In fact, there are two variants of the HTC Wizard. The one that Cingular appears to be adopting is the HTC Wizard 100/110 - one of the less commonly adopted variants of the Wizard. It has a different appearance but the same underlying specs as the HTC Wizard 200.

Anyway, the HTC Wizard has been and still is being discussed time and time again all over the web, and within the Pocket PC Thoughts forums.

substring
12-14-2005, 08:37 PM
Finally, I saw the 2125 available on the Cingular web site...
http://onlinestorez.cingular.com/cell-phone-service/cell-phones/cell-phones.jsp?source=INC230063&_requestid=39498

I sure hope the 8125 will follow soon as that is the one I want. 8)

victore
12-18-2005, 09:04 AM
I was waiting for this for so long, but when my e800 had to be hard reset, I realized I had two choices - spend the time reloading my Toshiba, or bite the bullet and buy a HTC Wizard now instead of waiting for the 8125. I bought a Qtek 9100 from Mad Monkey Boy and am putting it through it's paces.

Overall, I'm pleased with it's form factor, but the performance is well below that of my e800. I don't know if it's the 200 Mhz processor or the fact that it's running WM 5.0, but there are several times that it takes 15 seconds or more for the device to respond to my actions.

Are there any other HTC Wizard owners out there who would like to comment?

Janak Parekh
12-19-2005, 02:55 AM
Overall, I'm pleased with it's form factor, but the performance is well below that of my e800. I don't know if it's the 200 Mhz processor or the fact that it's running WM 5.0, but there are several times that it takes 15 seconds or more for the device to respond to my actions.
The Wizard is certainly not known to be super-fast, but 15 seconds sounds like a lot. 8O A lot of "plug-ins", like Today screen applets, can slow down WM5 and its Persistent Storage. Try cleaning your startup and/or Today screen and see if you can isolate anything that's particularly slowing the unit down.

--janak

Janak Parekh
12-19-2005, 02:57 AM
As for 8125 release guestimates: there's a > 1,700 post thread (http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=758911) on HowardForums established in just the last month-and-a-half. 8O

Unfortunately, the latest posts suggest that it was supposed to be released right around now, but there's a delay due to some bug. These are all rumors, so they could swing both ways, but the wait may be a little longer. :|

--janak

substring
12-20-2005, 03:38 PM
As for 8125 release guestimates: there's a > 1,700 post thread (http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=758911) on HowardForums established in just the last month-and-a-half. 8O

Unfortunately, the latest posts suggest that it was supposed to be released right around now, but there's a delay due to some bug. These are all rumors, so they could swing both ways, but the wait may be a little longer. :|

--janakI am one of the posters there. Although I welcome the enthusiasm on this device, the majority of the posts are merely rambling or have nothing to do with the 8125 device.

All the release dates being posted on that thread are either speculation or hearsay (including the bug). As of this moment, there is no official announcement of any kind from Cingular. And therefore, officially, there is no delay.

Janak Parekh
12-21-2005, 03:03 AM
All the release dates being posted on that thread are either speculation or hearsay (including the bug). As of this moment, there is no official announcement of any kind from Cingular. And therefore, officially, there is no delay.
Right. Which brings us back to your original question. I have not heard anything official anywhere, so apart from the rumors your guess is as good as mine.

--janak

AZMark
12-23-2005, 05:38 PM
I've got one of the Cingular 8125's in my mits, but maybe prerelease, cuz it came with no manuals.

Anyone know how to hard reset this bugger? Or the Sprint version? Has a reset hole on the right side, but it and the reset and the power button seem to only do a soft reset.

Darius Wey
12-23-2005, 06:46 PM
Anyone know how to hard reset this bugger? Or the Sprint version? Has a reset hole on the right side, but it and the reset and the power button seem to only do a soft reset.

Try holding down the power button, voice command button, communication manager button, and insert the stylus into the soft-reset hole, all at the same time. Hope you don't run out of fingers. ;)

AZMark
12-23-2005, 06:50 PM
which buttons are those,,,power and cartoon dialoge balloon on the upper right side seem to bring up color bars and hang the unit?

Darius Wey
12-23-2005, 06:59 PM
which buttons are those,,,power and cartoon dialoge balloon on the upper right side seem to bring up color bars and hang the unit?

The colour bars require you to press up on the D-pad. Try that. If it doesn't work, let me know.

AZMark
12-23-2005, 09:56 PM
nothing much seems to work after the color bars come up. Requires another reset after that, but the non default today screen and dialed phone numbers still come up?

AZMark
12-23-2005, 10:15 PM
finally a combo paid off,,,while off, power+comm+reset,,,,asks to press send to reformat,,,,seemed to work

Goes through traditional PPC screen align and tutorial,,,then custom Cingular CAB restall,,,so looking good.

Thanks for the help
AZMark

txcas
01-19-2006, 05:06 PM
Will this ever get released?

Darius Wey
01-19-2006, 06:21 PM

Eventually. For what it's worth, the Cingular 2125 was just released, so things are slowly progressing. 8)

Damion Chaplin
01-26-2006, 10:37 PM

I'm guessing that because Cingular is carrying the HP hw65XX, they probably have a contract with HP that says something like 'We will offer only HP Pocket PCs for the first 6 months of their release. Only after 6 months will we make available a Pocket PC with someone else's name on it' The fact that they've already released the 2125 tells me that they're ready to release the 8125 but due to contractual reasons can't. Note that there's no other smartphone that the 2125 competes with that Cingular carries (they promptly and wisely stopped offering the SMT5600). We'll probably see the same delay for the Treo 700W and for the same reasons.

I'm pretty sure it's just a matter of HP not wanting the competition (and Cingular probably gets more money from HP than they would selling the 8125).

Hey Cingular? You listening? I got tired of waiting and went and bought a K-Jam myself. Now you're going to have to put up with supporting a phone you didn't sell me. :twisted:

Phisnern
01-27-2006, 08:40 AM
I am a cingular employee and my manager just showed me the release of the new phones February, and low and behold the 8125 was finally on the list. He knows I have been waiting patiently (sorta) for this phone. Let's just hope there are no more delays. Just thought I would share my excitement.