View Full Version : Happy Birthday, Jon!

Darius Wey
12-09-2005, 05:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/registry.html/002-2132272-3814436?%5Fencoding=UTF8&type=wishlist&id=S13UR9TDZMQ0' target='_blank'>http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/r...id=S13UR9TDZMQ0</a><br /><br /></div>:bday:<br /><br />Today is Jon's birthday, so please join me in wishing him a very happy birthday. Jon works hard keeping you informed on a lot of developer news and also helps keep our servers ticking when they're in need of attention. For an insight into Jon's love for all things geeky, pop over to Amazon and check out his <a href="http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/registry.html/002-2132272-3814436?%5Fencoding=UTF8&type=wishlist&id=S13UR9TDZMQ0">wishlist</a>.

KTamas
12-09-2005, 05:07 PM
:bday:

Happy Birthday!!

OSUKid7
12-09-2005, 05:08 PM
Happy Birthday Jon! Keep up the great work, and enjoy the nice winter weather in Cleveland while I'm back home in Columbus for the next month. ;)

Paragon
12-09-2005, 05:58 PM
Happy birthday Jon!

....your welcome for any snow you have, since it hits London about half an hour before it gets to you, so you only get what is leftover. ;)

Have a great day!

Dave

Ed Hansberry
12-09-2005, 06:06 PM
An ABBA cover band? :pukeface2:

You can't mess with the original perfection. :D

pocketpcadmirer
12-09-2005, 06:50 PM
:bday: :bday: :bday: :bday: :bday: :bday: :bday: :bday: :bday:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

:bday: :bday: :bday: :bday: :bday: :bday: :bday: :bday: :bday:

Sunny

KTamas
12-09-2005, 06:51 PM

Actually, A-teens is quite good IMO. I like the original ABBA of course, but A-teens made a good job re-making the original songs.

pocketpcadmirer
12-09-2005, 07:07 PM

Actually, A-teens is quite good IMO. I like the original ABBA of course, but A-teens made a good job re-making the original songs.

yes i agree their songs rock for sure..

Sunny :D :D

Ed Hansberry
12-09-2005, 07:47 PM

Personal preference I guess. The clips I listened to made me pull out my ABBA playlist and purge the horror from my ears. :lol:

JonathanWardRogers
12-09-2005, 08:26 PM

Hope you have a great one!

ctmagnus
12-10-2005, 01:54 AM
Happy Birthday! :bday:

Mike Temporale
12-10-2005, 04:50 AM
Happy Birthday Jon! I hope you had a great day. :)

phreaker18
12-10-2005, 12:03 PM
http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/images/smiles/new_birthday.gif
#Bday

HAVE A BLAST

Jon Westfall
12-10-2005, 03:11 PM
Thanks for all the Birthday wishes guys!

I didn't mean to start a flamewar over my choice of A*Teens on my list. I'm a big ABBA fan, and some of their covers I've heard don't sound too bad to me. I'd have some ABBA albums on there but I already have most of their catalog.

Anyway, my birthday was quite eventful. I woke up, dug myself out of about 3 inches of snow (That's an average... my driveway was alright except the part by the road where the nice snowplows had dumped 6 or so inches). I had some help from my snowblower, but had to hack away manually at some of the high points. Then, I checked the status on my birthday gift to myself (A 60 GB iPod) and found that, while UPS swore they'd re-deliver, it was actually held at the hub 30 miles away. I had to do some banking and go to the post office to pick up a package, so I set out. Found that USPS had directed me to the wrong post office, finally made it to UPS, ventured to the correct post office, then finally got home to find that my laptop now hated iTunes and would crash upon loading it! Finally got that squared away late last night, and now I'm ALMOST ready to enjoy my new toy.

Otherwise, it was a lovely day. Here's the rundown of the loot I got in case anyone is interested:

1. Framed picture for my office
2. Book of poetry
3. t-shirts
4. outdoor bird feeder
5. DVDs
6. A bunch of stuff from the HomestarRunner.com Store, including a Coach Z shirt and a Kick The Cheat*
7. iPod

* - purchased for myself to celebrate surviving another year of graduate school.

Hope everyone had a good day on my birthday, and that we're all ready for the quickly-arriving holidays!

Steven Cedrone
12-10-2005, 03:38 PM
Happy belated birthday!!!

Kris Kumar
12-10-2005, 03:38 PM
Happy (belated) Birthday, Jon!

PS: Will have to check out the A-Teens. :-)

Jonathon Watkins
12-13-2005, 12:48 AM
Happy belated birthday! :)

Jeff Rutledge
12-13-2005, 04:26 AM
Happy Birthday Jon! It sounds like a good one!