View Full Version : ACTIVE SYNC 4.1 PROBLEMS

urologyhealth
12-07-2005, 12:25 PM
I had this working on my QTEK 9100 (WM5) AND then got new computer.

I have followed all the troubleshooting steps (eliminating firewalls etc) and yet--it is now synching calendar for long time. i have uninstsalled and redownloaded, deleted partnerships and restarted new partnerships etc.

This has got to be the worst software release. Can I use an earlier Active Sync on this WM5 or are there any suggestions?

Thanks

Chris Spera
12-07-2005, 01:40 PM
unfortunately, no. You must use AS 4.x with WM5. There's no alternative. Have you tried hard resetting the device? If you don't want to do that, I'd just let it go and let it take the time it needs...

urologyhealth
12-07-2005, 02:07 PM
Chris,

What is happening is CONTACTS finally got synced, but calendar keeps going on. When I stop the endless sync and disconnect and check Active Sync on my QTEK it is still syncing despite not being connected to computer. It just doesn't stop.

I can't find out how to adjiust schedule etc. Is microsoft aware of the problems they have created? I'm not sure if there isn't a connection setting on my computer I could adjust?

Thanks,

Jerry

victore
12-18-2005, 09:10 AM
I too have been having problems synching my Qtek 9100 with AS 4.1. My problem is that my contacts, calendar, email, notes, and task all don't sync. I get a check mark next to each item and nothing synchs. I do have exisiting data on Outlook and data on my Qtek from synching it with Lotus Notes via Commontime's mNotes synch software.

I've tried deleting partnerships and recreating them. I read somewhere that they were able to get AS to work by uninstalling Outlook and reinstalling. Don't delete your PST if you're doing this offline and you shouldn't lose any data. I have not tried this myself, but may have too if I don't find a solution soon.

Janak Parekh
12-19-2005, 03:05 AM
What is happening is CONTACTS finally got synced, but calendar keeps going on. When I stop the endless sync and disconnect and check Active Sync on my QTEK it is still syncing despite not being connected to computer. It just doesn't stop.
Out of curiosity, how many calendar events do you have? This sounds like it's hanging on a particular one.

I've tried deleting partnerships and recreating them. I read somewhere that they were able to get AS to work by uninstalling Outlook and reinstalling.
Before you try this, do try repairing Outlook and then possibly AS after that. And yes, backing up your PST is always a good idea.

--janak

victore
01-31-2006, 09:17 AM
An update to my situation. I was able to synch my Outlook data with my Qtek by subscribing to a hosted Exchange service, 4smartphone.net. Now, I can synch my 9100 w/o having to use AS. When I do plug it into my computer and AS runs, it always synchs w/o errors.

Janak Parekh
01-31-2006, 04:32 PM
Yup, hosted Exchange is a convenient way to enable PIM sync for your Pocket PC. :)

--janak

bmac
02-04-2006, 05:17 PM
Chris,

I can't find out how to adjiust schedule etc. Is microsoft aware of the problems they have created? I'm not sure if there isn't a connection setting on my computer I could adjust?

Thanks,

Jerry

Is your USB plugged directly into the PC and NOT a hub? The problem as you describe happned to me as well and it was solved by eliminating the USB Hub connection.

Bill