View Full Version : View screen on a dvd player

alan081954
12-05-2005, 12:44 AM
Is there anyway of viewing the screen on my Ipaq 3955 on my portable dvd player?

Nurhisham Hussein
12-05-2005, 01:18 AM
If you had said a LCD screen, or something with a VGA input, it's just possible. But with the typical RCA type inputs on DVD players, I'm afraid not.

alan081954
12-05-2005, 01:23 AM
Thanks,How would I view it on my laptop then? I would like to view my gps program on a bigger screen,Thanks

Nurhisham Hussein
12-05-2005, 02:18 AM
If your PDA has a CF slot, just google around for "CF VGA card". They're not cheap, and I'm not at all sure how good they are.

Alternatively, replace your PDA with a Dell X51v - it's the only PDA that's capable of VGA out natively (albeit through a cable). There's a review of using the VGA out somewhere around here.

Sorry, just remembered something - if your PDA has got bluetooth, there's a bluetooth device that can display your screen through any screen that can accept a VGA input. Can't recall the brand or the product name unfortunately, saw it on Expansys once. Again it's awfully expensive - it's designed for business presentations, with a price to match.

Edit: Now that I think of it, the cheapest alternative is to use some of the remote access PC->PDA software available like Soti's Pocket Controller. You'll need to activesync with your laptop though. MS actually provides a freeware version (look for ActiveSync remote display on MS' website) - although this one's dreadfully slow.