View Full Version : How I fixed the dead pixel on my iPaq

heov
12-04-2005, 09:58 PM
So the other day I picked up an iPaq hx2495 cause the rx1955 sucks.

Anyway, I turn it on, all is good. I install crap and stuff, all is good. nice device btw. Other than the fact that it has the the same control panel setting the older ipaq's had.. the one that allows you to adjust the standby time. I can go any lower than 24hrs, so I bet the battery is being conserved still, when it doesn't need to. It has a backup battery though, which is nice, so when i swap batts, I don't have to soft reset.

Anyway, back to the story.

I put on my black background and BAM a red stuck pixel, that stands out very nicely on my black today screen.

What do I do? I remember reading about this video that cycles through R,G,B and other stuff really fast that can "fix" your dead pixel.

http://www.psp-vault.com/Article168.psp

It works on PSPs, so I figure i'll give it a shot. It didn't work. I even let it run overnight.

So today, I'm ready to exhcange it, so I hard reset the device, and before I decide to box it back up, I figure I migh tas well install a bunch of trials on this device, since I'm gonna return/hard reset it agian anyway.

So when I turn it back on, I notice that dead pixel is flickering! So i put that video back in. and within 10s, the dead pixel was gone!

So if any of you guys have dead pixels, try out that video. The pixel was a solid red at first, but after a hard reset (1day later), it was flickering and the video fixed it!

stargatenow
12-08-2005, 09:20 AM
Amazing! I had the same problem as you (flickering red pixel on black background) and running this video for only 20 seconds fixed it :D No hard reset needed...

Thank you very much :)

DaViD_BRaNDoN
12-08-2005, 06:30 PM
Wow, that's amazing! Seriously, I would not have thought it would even work! Thanks for the info :mrgreen: