View Full Version : Activesync 4.0/4.1 - can't install?

haesslich
12-04-2005, 05:32 PM
Well, I did a forum search and couldn't find much on this, so I'll ask here - anyone have a hint with regards to trying to install ActiveSync on a WinXP Pro SP2 machine, without having it constantly going 'the installation was interrupted before it could be finished' errors? I've disabled the AV and firewall programs before starting it, killed most of my running processes, and I keep running into this issue no matter which version of ActiveSync 4.x I've tried - 3.8 installed without issues when 4.0 wouldn't... but it won't connect to a WM5 machine. :P

Any suggestions? I've mostly been using FTP to get programs onto my WM5 handheld, but that won't let me do any firmware updates which may come out later on.

pwhalley
05-04-2006, 12:32 AM
Greetings all.

I just got an Hx27xx and also am having the same problem!

After six months I still see no activity on this subject! I am getting nervous! I just got off the phone with HP support and - as expected - the solution they offered - was re-install XP. I had already tried everything else (not much) that they suggested.

Haesslich, have you solved your problem by less brain dead methods? Anyone else? Please... Anyone....?

Hopefully,

Peter

pwhalley
05-18-2006, 03:40 PM
Greetings once again to all.

I have narrowed down the cause of the problem I was experiencing to a mapi32.dll replacement that eudora substituted for the 'real' MS one. Right click on the C:\windows\system32\mapi32.dll, look at properties > version tab. If the file is from Qualcomm, renaming this file mapi32.xxx and then renaming mapi32.000 to mapi32.dll will permit install to complete.

This will break eudora and I don't know what to do to make Eudora MAPI functions work with activesync. As I recall, you can turn off MAPI in eudora (I am a paid 7 user) and both will run.

I still have 6.x and possibly residue from an even earlier version on my system that may be forcing the replacement of that dll every time any version of eudora is run. I haven't tried to run earlier versions of eudora on the system with the install problem but didn't have difficulty installing activesync on a laptop that only had version eudora 6 installed. The laptop is not what I use to 'test' new software on so that may explain some of the 'residue' issues I appear to be experiencing on my desktop.

Hope this helps someone.

Peter