View Full Version : REVIEW: Indovisi SMS:Best SMS/Mobile Phone Contact Synch Application I've Ever Tested

Menneisyys
12-04-2005, 03:34 PM
I've just posted a detailed review & comparison to its alternatives of Indovisi SMS to http://www.pocketpcmag.com/blogs/index.php?blog=3&p=357&more=1

Feel free to read it.

Menneisyys
12-06-2005, 09:48 PM
1. I've continued playing with the program on my other PDA's/mobile phones and found out that the Out of memory bug reported above is a generic problem with the application and will cause problems if you try to transfer/synchronize more than appr. 200 contacts from your mobile phone to your PDA. Then,remember if you exit the application, IndovisiSms.dat in the home directory will become a 0-byte one (that is, effectivey deleting all your SMS messages stored on the PDA) and Indovisi SMS will refuse to start. You can easily avoid problems resulting from the former problem by simply copying IndovisiSms.dat before doing mass contact synchronizations between the PDA and the phone. The latter can be easily fixed by either copying back the previously backed up file to the home directory of the application or just deleting the 0-byte IndovisiSms.dat.

2. the Contacts can't even have Western accents problem is a generic problem too (not just related to the t610) - the application isn't able to synchronize my accented (Finnish - which is a Western language) Sony-Ericsson t68i contacts either.

Lucutus
01-18-2006, 01:48 PM
@ Menneisyys:
my problems with this good piece of software:

I can't get hold of the author to ask him how to purchase the software...

It stopped being able to establish a connection to my phone (HP4155 and SonyEricsson 600V); this worked fine at the beginning but now even a re-install and deleting all .dat etc files will not do anything. Have you come across this or do you know how to resolve it?

Would be grateful for any help on either of these points as I think it is the SMS software I'm looking for...

Cheers!

Menneisyys
01-18-2006, 01:55 PM
Haven't really run into this problem - it's still working with my phones OK.

Lucutus
01-18-2006, 02:29 PM
ok, but have you ever had any conatct with teh author/company?

I've asked him but he's never replied...

Did you purchase the software? If so, I'd be interested in how you achieved that...

Thanks again!

Menneisyys
01-18-2006, 02:39 PM
Did you try sending hima fax? +62 21 7210503

Lucutus
01-18-2006, 03:42 PM
thanks! I'll try that and let you know!