View Full Version : Zune kicking my USB network adapter offline

zomigi
03-07-2007, 03:03 AM
I wasn't really sure if I should post this in Hardware or Software, so if I chose poorly, please forgive me.

My Zune doesn't want to play nice with other devices that I have plugged into USB ports. The latest problem that I've uncovered is that every time I plug my Zune in, my USB network adapter goes offline. Even once I've unplugged the Zune, I still cannot connect to my wireless network. I have to restart my computer to get the connection back.

How can I stop this happening? The network adapter is a Netgear WG111.

Thanks,
Zoe

fakethulce
04-11-2007, 04:47 AM
I am right with you. I am having the same problem, and do not know how to fix this. It is very troubling.
Maybe this bump will help.

Jason Dunn
04-11-2007, 04:21 PM
Hrm. I don't use a wireless USB adapter, so I don't know how much help I'll be - I suspect though that this is more of a general USB problem than a wireless NIC problem - and I suspect it's a hardware issue, not a software issue. USB ports often share similar interrupts, so what may be happening is that the Zune is kicking off the wireless USB NIC because both are fighting for a connection. My suggestion would be to first try moving the Zune to a different USB port - basically try every one you can. If that doesn't work, try moving the wireless USB NIC to another port, then try moving the Zune around again. See if you can arrive at a combination that works. Especially try the front USB ports if you have them, they're usually separate from the back USB ports.

fakethulce
04-12-2007, 05:07 PM
My network usb connection is in the back and the zune is connected in the front so that is not the issue.
I did get a new update from windows on the net gear driver, so maybe it'll work, and the issue was not with the Zune but with the wireless connector