View Full Version : Syncing Inbox Trouble

jakehhi
12-01-2005, 09:08 PM
I've just recently tried syncing my inbox and it says it's transfering 14355 emails to my ppc and takes forever. I have my options set for just syncing the last 5 days emails. I haven't received and sent that many emails in my life let alone the last five days.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Jake

Darius Wey
12-02-2005, 03:07 AM
Are you certain it's syncing the Inbox folder only? Open Tools > Manage Folders and check to see which boxes are ticked. You might have a Spam folder selected which is wreaking havoc on your sync experience.

jakehhi
12-02-2005, 03:48 PM
when i go to tools, i can't click on manage folders. But i just noticed that when i go to my deleted files folder, it has 10 copies of every deleted item.

jakehhi
12-02-2005, 05:08 PM
That's my problem, i have 14310 messages in my deleted file and most of them are duplicates. I've been trying to find all these files in file explorer, but can't. where are they? It would be much easier to delete them when i'm connected to the pc, then highlighting them and deleting them on messaging. What could be causing all the dups?

Darius Wey
12-02-2005, 06:35 PM
What sort of account is this? IMAP?

For what it's worth, I had an issue with my IMAP account a month ago. Messages deleted weren't being physically deleted from the server, and on each connect, duplicates would be generated. By the end of the week, I'd often have a hundred copies of the same email. My way around this was to nuke the account and start over.

jakehhi
12-02-2005, 08:46 PM
no it's not. It's my outlook acct. on my pc.

Darius Wey
12-03-2005, 04:24 AM
no it's not. It's my outlook acct. on my pc.

Yes, but what sort of account do you have on that? When you first set up Outlook, you would have been asked to set up an email account, using POP3, IMAP, etc.

jakehhi
12-03-2005, 05:31 AM
a pop3

Darius Wey
12-03-2005, 06:03 AM
At this stage, I can only suggest that you temporarily disable Inbox sync over ActiveSync. Once you've done that, delete your e-mail account settings (Tools > E-mail Accounts), and then backup all your PIM data (i.e. e-mail, contacts, calendar, etc.) using the File > Import and Export command. You should save the contents to a PST. Then go to File > Data File Management, and create a new data file while deleting the other one. Next, go back to Tools > E-mail Accounts and re-create your e-mail account. You can then import your existing data back in using the File > Import and Export command (be sure to delete any duplicates that might be in your Inbox). Then head over to ActiveSync and enable Inbox sync. See if that solves anything.