View Full Version : How to sync Pop3 Email sent on my Ipaq rx3115 with Outlook 2003

crobinsonphd
11-24-2005, 11:28 PM
When I use a Pop3 Email account set up on my Ipaq to access my my email using the WiFi connection I can not sync it with Outlook 2003 using Activsync. Does anyone know how I can do that? I tried using the latest version of Intellisync but it's too complicated and is a memory hog...and I couldn't sync the pop3 account either.

Nurhisham Hussein
11-25-2005, 01:10 AM
Apart from using something like Intellisync, or Laplink, I don't think it's really possible. You could do it the other way around though - configuring your Outlook to grab the POP3 e-mail, and syncing with your iPaq. AFAIK, that won't result in duplicate e-mails either.

Phillip Dyson
11-25-2005, 02:26 AM
Holy crap! 8O I mean that in a good way.

I've been searching the galaxy for an alternative to Intellisync. Does anybody know how it compares?

Intellisync sometimes if more a pain then a utility. :roll:

Nurhisham Hussein
11-25-2005, 02:55 AM
@sojourner753

I use Laplink - but not out of choice :lol: My office runs Lotus Notes, and since wireless sync is not allowed, this is one of the few solutions that allow me to get my work e-mails. My main beef with it is that it runs alongside of activesync, which slows things down considerably on the poor excuse of a computer I have at the office. It also doesn't do a good job with duplicated records (I mean, even worse than outlook). Apart from that, its pretty configurable and the PPC client is decently small.

crobinsonphd
11-25-2005, 03:41 AM
Hishamh...thanks for your prompt reply. Can you tell me where I can find out how to configure Outlook 2003 to "grab" the POP3 email from my Ipaq? :D

Nurhisham Hussein
11-25-2005, 04:01 AM
Ah, sorry, i think you misunderstood me. You can't grab e-mails off the iPaq with Outlook - only the other way around. That means configuring your Outlook to grab the e-mails off the POP3 server, and then syncing with your iPaq. Both Intellisync, or Laplink will do a two-way sync, but not Outlook and Activesync.

crobinsonphd
12-02-2005, 12:22 AM
I tried using Laplink (doesn't work), Intellisync (doesn't work) and Mail2web (very difficult to figure out though doable if want to spend the time. I found a way on my own.

The easiest thing to do is to subscribe to gotomypc at www.gotomypc.com. They have a PDA viewer that works on Ipaq and it allows me to access my desktop remotely. So, now I can simply send emails directly from my desktop via my Ipaq. I've tried it and it works pretty easily. It takes a bit of getting use to resizing the image on the PDA to read well... but only took me 5 - 10 minutes to figure the thing out after I downloaded it. They have a free 30 day trial then it's either $19.95 per month or $99.00 per year.