View Full Version : Adding fields into Outlook (and my PPC!)

looneytoone
11-24-2005, 02:23 AM
Is there any way to add "fields" in Outlook or my Pocket PC's Outlook for clothing sizes? It would be really handy around this holiday season to be able to pull that information up on my PPC without just adding it to the Notes section of Outlook. Basically - can Outlook be customized and will it carry over to my PPC?

Darius Wey
11-24-2005, 02:30 AM
You can create custom fields in Outlook on the PC, but unfortunately, they won't be synchronised to your Pocket PC. :(

To do this on your PC, enter the Contacts section (which should default to the Address Cards view), and right-click on an empty-space and select Customize Current View. Next, select Fields, and New Field.

If you want this new field to show up in your address cards, click the drop-down box in the bottom left, select 'User-defined fields in folder', select your Clothing Sizes field, and then Add.

A long time ago, there was a third-party application floating around which made some sort of attempt at enabling custom fields on your Pocket PC, but it's so terribly old that you'd be hard pressed getting it to work with some of the current devices.