View Full Version : QTEK 9100 or i-mate K-JAM ???

norad
11-23-2005, 08:41 AM
Hi,

I'm a T-mobile USA user and have finally decided to buy a HTC Wizard. But I can't decide which one to buy (QTEK/i-mate). Which one do you guys recommend? I know that the main difference between them is price and pre-loaded software. However, I read somewhere that there are some hardware related differences as well such as screen quality, backlight etc.

Thank you

enaime
12-12-2005, 09:10 AM
bro i have asked this question on all the forums. everyone thinks defferent. i made my own mind, qtek from www.dweiniger.com- the mas monkey boy is the way to go. 2 yr warranty, most important.

victore
12-18-2005, 09:06 AM
I think overall, they are pretty much the same. I ended up buying the Qtek because it was cheaper. The warranty issue ( 2 vs 1) wasn't a big factor in my decision. One thing that you won't be getting with the Qtek is a free, hosted Exchange account through Club iMate. I tried to setup a registered account with them using the IMEI of my Qtek and their servers denied me because it didn't match a iMate device.

lukas44a
12-18-2005, 09:10 PM
bro i have asked this question on all the forums. everyone thinks defferent. i made my own mind, qtek from www.dweiniger.com- the mas monkey boy is the way to go. 2 yr warranty, most important.
I agree:
http://www.dweiniger.com/tips/k-jam.shtml

So, online then I go...but K-Jam or QTek9100.. OR neither?!!

Asking them, and Lots of other places that I looked, said:
... There's no difference, bla, fo, fum - and that... Ho,ho,ho,these 2 units are the same HTC Wizard :p

... BUT!:
Lets look at some differences, anyway...with the similar 6700 too!
I tried to be neautral and no flame intended :)

EDITED/UPDATED SPECS:
WARRANTY:
KJAM- one year.
QTek- 2 year.
6700(Apache)-oneyear
T-mobile MDA- ?

PRICE:
KJAM- $50-$100 more.
QTek- $50-$100 less.
6700(Apache)- Less than both above(US).

CPU:
KJAM- 195Mhz TI OMAP850 dual core CPU - 5Mhz slower?
QTek- 200Mhz TI OMAP850 dual core CPU, 5Mhz faster.
6700(Apache)- 416Mhz single core Xscale CPU. Faster than both.

SCREEN:
KJAM- Brighter,lighter, slightly washed out, bluer screen, less color contrast, but wider viewing angle.
QTek- Darker, purplish cast screen, darker color contrast, narrower viewing angle.
6700(Apache)- high contrast, rich eye popping vivid colors, wide viewing angle. neutral whites.

KEYBOARD:
KJAM- Light blue symbols&numbers on silver buttons harder to see daylight. Blue-lit letters
QTek- Red symbols&numbers easier to see in daylight. Blue-lit letters
6700(Apache)- Looks more like a real keyboard and not a thumb-board like others.
Red symbols&numbers. white-lit letters on old, new model has blue.

EXTENDED ROM:
KJAM- Hackable.
QTek- Hackable
6700(Apache)- Hackable

BATTERY:
KJAM- 8hr estimate.
QTek- 8hr estimate.
6700(Apache)- 4.5hrs estimate.

APPEARANCE:
KJAM- All Silver looking casing. Cute toy look/feel
QTek- 2-tone charcoal/silver casing. Cute toy look/feel.
6700(Apache)- All Silver or black casing. External antenna.
Very professional look/feel due to overallshape and keyboard layout.
Adjustable camera lens.
Full size stylus.

Although the 6700 limits you 2 the specific carrier, it seems to me the best preforming except 4 the battery not as long.
The speed advantage of the unit AND the fast data serivce makes it a done deal 4 me so sory Qtec I left you for another :)

lukas44a
03-08-2006, 12:19 AM
bump :idea: