View Full Version : Real Player

OneAngryDwarf
11-22-2005, 07:57 AM
Anybody successfully able to install Real Player on a Windows Mobile 5.0 device... the installer says i need ActiveSync 3.1 or later... I'm obviously using 4.0 and I'm assuming thats the issue... Any ideas?

Cybrid
11-22-2005, 08:37 AM
Anybody successfully able to install Real Player on a Windows Mobile 5.0 device... the installer says i need ActiveSync 3.1 or later... I'm obviously using 4.0 and I'm assuming thats the issue... Any ideas?Cab file install might be possible. Be aware that with WM5 not being able to back-up and sprite is still working on compatibility....This carries a greater than normal of seriously your data up.

gwinter
11-25-2005, 02:32 PM
I used the cab to install it. Seems to work perfectly.

As an aside, I was running it on an upgraded X50v. Whereas on WM2003SE, the playback controls are not drawn correctly (they appear corrupted on screen), there is no problem at all with WM5. The problem must have been in the display driver or the GAPI library, but in any case it appear to have been fixed in WM5.

OneAngryDwarf
12-01-2005, 11:11 AM
Where can i get the CAB files for it?

OneAngryDwarf
12-01-2005, 05:59 PM
Actually I figured out how to extract the cab files and I did get it installed fine on my PPC. However it doesn't seem to play rmvb files. Is there any way to get it to or is there another program that can play them on a ppc?

Menneisyys
12-02-2005, 12:39 PM
Actually I figured out how to extract the cab files and I did get it installed fine on my PPC. However it doesn't seem to play rmvb files. Is there any way to get it to or is there another program that can play them on a ppc?

I don't really know of native players (it's highly unliklely any 3rd party RealOne player will ever be released for the PPC, the RO format being closed - albeit Picard should be asked on this question); however, you can transcode it to AVI with desktop apps like the one at http://www.winavi.com/rmvb-converter.htm

GSmith
12-02-2005, 03:14 PM
Regarding 3rd-party players, TCPMP is a player that has plugin capability. There are frequently questions on the TCPMP forums asking for a "Real Networks" decoder plugin. The latest answer on the TCPMP forums was this:

http://www.corecodec.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=29&expv=0&topic=1999.0

Bottom line: No not officially, 1 unofficial rumor, and 1 tiny tiny glimmer of hope (but still unlikely) when TCPMP adopts a dual-license model.

Greg Smith
Author, FeederReader - Pocket PC *direct* RSS text, audio, video, podcasts
www.FeederReader.com - Download on the Road

OneAngryDwarf
12-07-2005, 09:37 PM
I tried the WinAVI app and the a/v sync was way way off. Anything else I can try?