View Full Version : Another WM5 grievance: Email

tato68
11-19-2005, 11:30 PM
Folks,

Did I missed a memo on this one? I used to have my hx2750 check email every 15 minutes via my T637 phone (over GPRS). It will connect and then disconnect when done.

I just upgraded to WM5 and to my big dismay email will not disconnect the connection after done. This is a biggy for me since my T637 is "very touchy" on receiveing calls when doing GPRS.

Am I missing something? IS there a setting that it will disconnect GORS fater receiving email? Anybody in the same situation? Any programs to solve this?

Thanks..

LM

Ed Hansberry
11-20-2005, 12:38 AM
THat is not a WM5 thing but a device/ROM thing. My JasJar disconnects, my K-Jam doesn't. Both run WM5.

Go to http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?pagename=Universal_Registry and check out the registry hack to enable full time access. Maybe you can change it to "0" to enable hangups. Look for the section called "To set the data connection to remain permanently on."

This may not affect you if you have a PDA and are using a phone through bluetooth though. Won't know until you go poking in the registry.

tato68
11-20-2005, 06:33 PM
I checked the regististry and the value is set to "0". This must be bugging other folks as well. Strange thing.. other are asking to be on all the time.

Anybody else has any other success out there?