View Full Version : Failed upgrade messed up my BIS

Patrick Y.
11-18-2005, 05:57 AM
Hi everyone,

I just recently try to upgrade my x50v to WM 5. However, I'm having problem with the update utility not proceeding. Now, I already gave up the upgrade. However, as most of you know, the update utility copy the ROM image into the BIS before actually installing the operating system. In my case, the update utility failed to procceed after it finished copying the ROM to BIS. Therefore, it also didn't erase the ROM since the upgrade is not finished. Now, I got two ROM image on my Pocket PC and I only have 3MB of space left in my BIS. However, I can't figure a way to delete the extra ROM image. Any ideas? Thanks you listening.

PetiteFlower
11-18-2005, 07:18 AM
Call Dell and take advantage of your warrenty. Then you should even be able to upgrade, once you have a unit with non-corrupted ROM.

Patrick Y.
11-18-2005, 07:47 AM
But waiting is too painful

Sven Johannsen
11-19-2005, 02:49 AM
You're only 13, you have plenty of time. Some of us could die on hold, much less waiting for a replacement. ;)

Patrick Y.
11-19-2005, 04:22 AM
Now, you adults never try to understand us kids. The whole week, I don't even have much free time because of piles of homework. Let's see... Last week, i have a speech and book report for language art. I also got a 13 page disease report for health. I have a big fitness test today. There is also a history test the week after. Then, I have an five paragraph essay due next week. hmmm.... I remember that there is more. Though, I can't use my Pocket PC right now.

Patrick Y.
11-19-2005, 05:32 AM
Call Dell and take advantage of your warrenty. Then you should even be able to upgrade, once you have a unit with non-corrupted ROM.

Just a thought, dell seems to be charging for calls. Is it true?

Patrick Y.
11-19-2005, 05:49 AM
Nevermind, I shouldn't called the helpdesk. I'm talking to the representative right now. I just hope that he can solve the problem or at least replace my Axim.

Patrick Y.
11-19-2005, 06:29 AM
Ok, just got off the phone with the Dell representative. He told me that there is currently no solution for this problem. He said that, however, Dell is currently working with Microsoft to solve the problem users are having with the upgrade. Until then, I've to just hold off my upgrade. Also, he's sending me a replacement Axim due to the BIS problem.

Thank you for all your helps guys!