View Full Version : Praise where it's due

alloafan
11-17-2005, 11:39 PM
Just wanted to share this incident with you: with such a great discount on offer, I bought FlexWallet from Handango (via PPC Thoughts link). Great program; no trouble. Going thru old emails today, I finally read the receipt from Handango - and noticed I'd been charged full price. I dropped them a note and in under 3 hours they had made arrangements to apply the discount and refund my card, no questions asked (other than which browser I was using).

That's what I call service. Good on ya, Handango!

Nurhisham Hussein
11-18-2005, 01:24 AM
I had pretty much the same experience as well - but in my case it took a week. Still alls well that ends well - I'd still buy through them.

capo
11-18-2005, 01:56 AM
A while back when I was trying to choose a voice control program for my iPaq, I tried one by Fonix. It was lacking some functionality that it claimed to have, but I assumed it was just because I was running the demo, and bought the full version from Handango (where I get most of my PPC apps). The feature in question was still absent and my repeated attempts to contact Fonix were ignored. I appealed to Handango - they also tried to contact Fonix on my behalf. Fonix ignored them as well, so Handango gave me a full refund, no problem. I applied it to MS voice (a more expensive product, but one that works.) Handango, unlike Fonix, knows the value of good customer service.

Jason Dunn
11-18-2005, 02:46 AM
Given all the negtive stuff I hear about Handango, it's nice to see something positive once in a while. ;-)

dickiedove
11-18-2005, 11:24 AM
I have to say I used to hate handango, because their customer service was terrible. At one point when I changed my email address they suspended my account and wanted to have a faxed copy of my passport and credit card before they would reactivate it. To protect me from fraud!!!!! Bearing in mind I had spent in the region of 500 bucks with them in the past with no problems and no indication of fraud. I made repeated complaints and four months and at least fifteen emails including emails to the CEO I eventually got access again....

I would use pocketgear but they seem not to have the latest versions of some software quite often. And besides Handango do seem to be getting alot better these days