View Full Version : Track milage on my car

TopDog
11-17-2005, 02:17 PM
Hi Guys.

The last 6 years I've been driving a company car, but now I'm forced to buy my own.

So I need software to track where'n'when I drive for the company, how far and why. The typical drivers log. This one needs to be at least able to export to HTML or Excel. Best solution would if it also had a desktop equivalent that I could sync with.

I see that there are at least 10 different applications that does this at Handango. Anyone have any experiences and recommendations?

Cost is not an issue, if the software is great, I'll pay for it!

It also needs to be compatible with Windows Mobile 2005 as I'm very soon upgrading from Qtek s100 to The K-Jam or Qtek 9100.

kiwiruss
11-17-2005, 02:33 PM
I have used Two Peaks Personal Vehicle Manager 2005

http://www.twopeaks.com/PVM/pocketpc.aspx

and found it capable

TopDog
11-17-2005, 02:49 PM
Thanks, this looks just like what I was after, and then some... I didn't see this one when I browsed Handango.

Do you know if it can be changed from "miles" to "km" and "gallons" to "ltr" ?

I don't thing the Norwegian tax authority want to recalculate it for me :lol:

buzzard
11-17-2005, 03:50 PM
Thanks, this looks just like what I was after, and then some... I didn't see this one when I browsed Handango.

Do you know if it can be changed from "miles" to "km" and "gallons" to "ltr" ?

I don't thing the Norwegian tax authority want to recalculate it for me :lol:

Yes, if you go to Tools..Options....you can change the settings to km and liters

Cybrid
11-18-2005, 01:28 PM
Hi Guys.

The last 6 years I've been driving a company car, but now I'm forced to buy my own.

So I need software to track where'n'when I drive for the company, how far and why. The typical drivers log. This one needs to be at least able to export to HTML or Excel. Best solution would if it also had a desktop equivalent that I could sync with.

I see that there are at least 10 different applications that does this at Handango. Anyone have any experiences and recommendations?

Cost is not an issue, if the software is great, I'll pay for it!

It also needs to be compatible with Windows Mobile 2005 as I'm very soon upgrading from Qtek s100 to The K-Jam or Qtek 9100.
Have you looked in the pocket excel templates? there's a vehicle mileage log sheet. And yes it's exportable to excel :lol:

TopDog
11-18-2005, 01:58 PM
Have you looked in the pocket excel templates? there's a vehicle mileage log sheet.
No, I hadn't, but now I have.

1. it's in "miles". The non-native-english speaking part of the world use "km" :wink:
I didn't find a way to change this.

2. It's now very user friendly compaired to the application kiwiruss pointed out.

Cybrid
11-19-2005, 12:34 AM
No, I hadn't, but now I have.

1. it's in "miles". The non-native-english speaking part of the world use "km" :wink:
I didn't find a way to change this.
Edit cell A2. Yes, I believe Canada went metric quite a long time ago.

2. It's now very user friendly compaired to the application kiwiruss pointed out.True, It's not very user friendly but it's free! Also it doesn't take much to add features to it....just a =sum((A6:A10)*99) here or there. ;)