View Full Version : 2nd Calendar

flowergirl
11-17-2005, 05:54 AM
Can anyone point me in the direction of a calendar program that will not integrate with my PIM.

HP hx4700
PIM Informant 2005

Thanks

Lex
11-17-2005, 11:23 AM
Can you say more about what you're looking for and why? Years ago I think I remember a year view calendar and that's absolutely all it did, show a whole year on one screen. But that view is part of the built-in calendar now.

flowergirl
11-18-2005, 02:14 AM
What I need is a program that I can view my college schedule. That is seperate from my regular schedule. On my PC in outlook I just add a calendar. But on my PPC I can't do that or I haven't been able to figure out how to do that.

I have looked at "The Dog Ate It" program. It is almot perfect except that you can't give a beginning and ending date for your classes. So you can't list classes for future semesters or classes that run for different semester weeks.
:?

Cybrid
11-18-2005, 01:25 PM
What I need is a program that I can view my college schedule. That is seperate from my regular schedule. On my PC in outlook I just add a calendar. But on my PPC I can't do that or I haven't been able to figure out how to do that.

I have looked at "The Dog Ate It" program. It is almot perfect except that you can't give a beginning and ending date for your classes. So you can't list classes for future semesters or classes that run for different semester weeks.
:?PIM Informant 2005? Little funnel on bottom? Use that to organize stuff into categories. Filter to a specific category and that all you see...

rhmorrison
11-18-2005, 05:12 PM
On my PC in outlook I just add a calendar. But on my PPC I can't do that or I haven't been able to figure out how to do that.
That's because it is unfortunately not possible.
A PPC is not a PC.
Adding another calander is a neat OutLook feature.
As mentioned already you will have to use categories e.g. College for all of these appointments.
Then in the default calander application you use Tools - Categories to select the categories that you want to see. By default NONE are checked which means you see everything. If one or more is checked then you only see the appointments that are members of the checked categories.

Sorry, that's the best that I know how to accomplish what you want (other than using a completely different program as also mentioned in this thread).

ctmagnus
11-19-2005, 09:06 PM
I use Pocket Informant (the real name of PIM Informant ;) ) to view my school schedule separate from all my other schedule and task info. As was previously mentioned, it's just a matter of filtering.

flowergirl
11-24-2005, 12:34 PM
Thanks for the great advise. I will set up the filters

Happy Turkey Day! :)