View Full Version : Dialogue windows tiny after installing ... ?

SteveHoward999
11-16-2005, 06:00 PM
I have run into this a few times, and always I have to do a restore from backup to fix it ...

I install a piece of software, and everything seems fine aside from the fact that all MessageBox-style dialogues are absolutelyu tiny and unusable. Same for some random other dialogues - i.e. the interface for the native Backup software ... making restore a pain without a complete reset first :-(

I am running a Toshiba E830, using SE_VGA to set the screen to true VGA. One peice of software that I know caused it is Virtual CE Pro - but I reported this to the developer and he fixed it.

Now I *****think***** it is being caused when I install the Compact framework 2.0 but I am not yet certain ... I have spent a couple of days chasing this and similar problems arising from trying to use Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2 and the new (release version) of CF 2.0.

Anyone else eun into similar problems? I was speculating that it is a specific dll at the root of the problem, and maybe I just need to restore that ... ? Any and all clues welcome.