View Full Version : Every time I ActiveSync my hw6515 in the cradle, GPRS is activated. Why?

woisnerrad
11-16-2005, 04:46 AM
This is driving me insane.

Description:
Each time I place the hw6515 into the cradle for sync-ing, the pop up messages showing USB hosting for about 2 seconds, which is normal. Then the GPRS window pops up and shows that it's trying to connect (to what, I don't know!!!! :evil: ). If I don't cancel the GPRS at this instance, the ActiveSync will try unsuccessfully to sync with the iPaq. :( And the GPRS icon keeps revolving. I don't know what it's doing.

I have to cancel the GPRS connection immediately when the GPRS window pops up if I want successful connection to my laptop via ActiveSync. It's madness!

Setup:
ActiveSync 3.8.0 (Build 5004)
Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 1
hp hw6515

Can anyone help me resolve this annoyance? It will be greatly appreciated! :)

Nurhisham Hussein
11-16-2005, 05:16 PM
There may be a couple of things that may be causing this. I'd like to try an experiment, if you don't mind.

1. Open Activesync (on your PDA). It should be at Start Menu->Programs->Activesync. Click tools->options. Make sure that the "Use mobile sync" check box is not selected. Click on the options button below that. The "Enable PC sync" check box should be selected and the drop down box should be showing "'USB". Click on the Ok button on top. Select the "Mobile Schedule" tab. In both drop down boxes make sure "Manual" is selected. Press ok until you're out of activesync.

Try syncing with your laptop now. If the same problem crops up, we've eliminated Activesync as the problem (BTW you do have ver3.8, right?).

2. The other problem is trickier. Goto Start Menu->Settings->Connections tab->Connections->Advanced tab. Click on the Select Networks button. Click on either of the "New" buttons. Enter a name for the connection (like "Test"). Then press ok - this sets up a network connection that's basically empty. In the two drop down boxes, make sure that your new connection is selected in both and click ok until you leave the connections applet. Try syncing now.

I'm more inclined to believe no. 2 is the problem but it doesn't hurt to check both.

woisnerrad
11-17-2005, 04:36 AM
Wow hishamh! You're my saviour! :D
Well, I did no. 1 first and, as you suspected, the problem persists.

But after doing no.2, yahoooo! The GPRS problem is gone! YAY!!!

Thanks so much. You made my day! 8)

I lurve this forum!

Nurhisham Hussein
11-17-2005, 09:56 AM
You're welcome! :D