View Full Version : How do I view Profile of phone setting with hw6515, like those on mobile phones?

woisnerrad
11-16-2005, 03:51 AM
Hi, I just bought my hp hw6515 mobile messenger on 11Nov05. This is my first pocket pc phone. Having switched from a regular mobile phone, I can't seem to find a way for the pocket pc phone to display the phone Profile that is set to.

With regular mobile phones, you can select different Profiles (e.g. Normal, Outdoors, Mute, Meeting etc). And the selected profile will be shown on the main screen of the mobile phone. This allows you see, at a glance, what profile your mobile phone is set to. However, I can't seem to find a way to do the same on my pocket pc phone.

Can anyone help me? :( Is there a plug-in that I can install?

(ps: I searched the HP iPAQ Pocket PCs forum but didn't find anything, but if there was already a post on this please direct me to it)

Thanks!

Janak Parekh
11-16-2005, 05:58 AM
WM2003(SE) does not have built-in phone profiles. If HP hasn't bundled a piece of software to assist you with it, you'll need to install one yourself. Try searching the SOFTWARE forum for "phone profile"... a number of relevant results pop up, such as this one (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=39745).

--janak

woisnerrad
11-16-2005, 07:39 AM
hi Janak, thanks so much for the prompt note and directions forward. :D
I've tried the software you pointed me to; it just what i need.

Cheers!

gpstoloff
11-16-2005, 11:24 AM
Before you buy additional software, choose Start/Settings/System/HP Profiles. This application is included with your hw6500 series unit, and allows you to set 5 different profiles, which are selected by pressing and holding the power button until a Profiles menu appears.

woisnerrad
11-17-2005, 04:26 AM
Hi gpstoloff,

Thanks for your suggestion. Yup, I had done that to set and select the Profiles. however, what I was after was means for the ipaq to display on the Today screen the profile that I am on. Much like those you see on Nokia phones.

Anyway, I've downloaded the SW suggested by Janak, and it works very well for me. It was exactly what I wanted and more. :) So I'm very happy.

Thanks for all your suggestions. I think we can close this. :)