View Full Version : Attendees issue - Can anyone shed any light?

CowboyNinjaPirate
11-10-2005, 06:28 PM
It's more of an annoyance rather than a problem or a fault as such.

Firstly some background :

I have a HP IPAQ RX3715 that I've had for roughly 6-7 months now.
I keep all my contacts in their, some with E-mail addys and some without.
It may be relevant that I've used Pocket Informant for a while but don't any more.

I used to have my Girlfriend listed in my Contacts as "Becs", I put her E-Mail addy in specifically so she would show up as an attendee when creating appointments.

I started using the sync feature to Outlook more often and whilst using Outlook to update a load of contacts I entered in my girlfriends full name.
Of course when it did a sync the name in my contacts on my PPC changed but the name under attendees stayed as 'Becs'.

Now tho when ever I create an appointment on the PPC and set the attendee as 'Becs', when I sync it says it does not recognise 'Becs' and I have to select her full name from the contacts list.

It's just annoying since 80% of the appointments are reminders of stuff we'll be doing.
I don't understand why the name in attendees hasn't changed to reflect the change in the contacts field... :cry:

Can anyone help me?

TIA

Chris

PetiteFlower
11-10-2005, 11:04 PM
Have you tried deleting the contact from both PPC and PC, syncing, re-creating the contact, and re-syncing?

CowboyNinjaPirate
11-11-2005, 03:22 PM
:oops:
No I haven't, makes sense but I never even thought of it. LOL
Damn my lethargy! :p

I shall try it tonight and see what happens. :)

Thanky.

Chris

CowboyNinjaPirate
11-13-2005, 02:01 PM
Just to let you all know this seems to have fixed matters, the appointments are now synced over correctly and associated automatically with the correct contact.

It's still not ideal tho but I believe this to be a limitation of the contact software that comes on Pocket PCs

At the moment my ladys full name is displayed in contacts and the attendees shows her as Becs (as I entered the E-Mail display bit on Outlook 2003 as Becs).

Ideally I'd like her full name to be in the contact entry but for it to show her as Becs in my main contact list AND attendess list.

In Outlook I have her as Becs in the 'file under' field but it seems that just doesn't seem to transfer over to the PPC contacts tho. :(

Ah well at least it got rid of the annoying appointment problem. :)