View Full Version : Playback Pocket PC Media on Desktop

engelm
11-07-2005, 03:10 PM
I sync mp3 and wma files from my home desktop computer to my Dell Axim x5 SD card. When I get to work I want to be able to playback the files on my desktop computer. When I open Windows Media Player 10 on my desktop I can see the files on my SD card but there is no option for playback. Does anyone know how to playback media stored on a Pocket PC device to a dektop computer? I could copy the content from my Pocket PC device to the desktop but don't have enough disk space so I would prefer to playback the media directly from the Pocket PC devce through my desktop.

Nurhisham Hussein
11-07-2005, 03:32 PM
I don't think you can do this with an activesync connection - the PDA won't be treated as a full network peer. The only solution (apart from getting a card reader - which is not what I think you're getting at) is to get Card Export II, which will make your Axim into a glorified card reader:

http://www.softick.com/pocket-pc/cardexport2/

You should be able to read your files quite easily with this. The downside of course is that you can't sync at the same time, and you'll need to disconnect, disable card export, and reconnect to get an activesync connection again.