View Full Version : WM5 Backup

pivaska
11-02-2005, 02:08 AM
If WM5 has persistent storage then what is it that I am backing up other than email?

Ir0nman
11-02-2005, 02:58 AM
what happens if you try out a new program that fubars your whole machine and you need to do a hard reset to clear it up... you will still have a back-up to bring it back to it's original state... that is where back-ups are still valuable

kiwiruss
11-02-2005, 09:02 PM
I have a new Axim X51v, wm5 vga pocket pc.
I''ve been experimenting with my apps to see which will work on it after updgrading from my ipaq 5455 wm2003 pda.

When things go haywire I do a hard reset and it takes the axim back to factory defaults wiping out everything I installed, all data and all settings I applied.

It beats me how it know what I installed and what to keep but it works that way.

btw, the 256mb of ROM is great on the X51v. I have all my apps installed in ROM with 100mb free and have nothing on my 1gb sdcard yet.

Andy Whiteford
11-03-2005, 12:34 AM
It beats me how it know what I installed and what to keep but it works that way.

When you perform a hard reset in WM5 the portion of flash rom set aside for the core OS and settings are wiped then the stored rom contents (core OS files) are copied back into this reserved portion of rom.