View Full Version : Album Art for MP3's

OneAngryDwarf
10-31-2005, 09:47 PM
I've noticed that w/ WMP10 only WMA's album art shows up while MP3's do not even though the album art transferred over. Is there any way to make it convert the audio to WMA even if it is the right bit rate? Or is there a way to get the art to show up for MP3's?

Jason Dunn
10-31-2005, 10:37 PM
I wish I had a good answer for you. I find WMP10 Mobile so incredibly painful on so many levels... :evil: Album art is just one way it's really confusing and inconsistent.

Darius Wey
11-01-2005, 04:28 AM
Unfortunately, WMP10 Mobile does not support album art embedded in MP3s, and like Jason, I too find it annoying on so many levels.

But here's a quick fix for your album art problem. The easiest way is to sort your music in folders according to albums. This is largely a manual process, but in each album's folder, make sure you have a copy of the album art and have it named as Folder.jpg. Sucks, I know, but it works. ;)

OneAngryDwarf
11-02-2005, 03:15 PM
Actually I have this done already and the folder.jpg image even trasfers over automatically with WMP10 synch... it just doesn't show up in WMP10 itself for mp3 albums

Darius Wey
11-02-2005, 05:16 PM
Actually I have this done already and the folder.jpg image even trasfers over automatically with WMP10 synch... it just doesn't show up in WMP10 itself for mp3 albums

Have you tried manually copying your music over without using WMP10's sync feature. Unless your tunes are DRM-crippled, I suggest performing a manual copy.

I used to have the same problems as you. Album art not showing correctly (despite the presence of Folder.jpg), tags not working properly, etc. As soon as I copied my tunes over manually (and Folder.jpg), everything was working blissfully again. You might even want to make your own album art, instead of relying on whatever WMP10 pulls from its database. Just visit Amazon and save the album art as JPGs. Of course, your mileage may vary, but I hope it works out for you.

OneAngryDwarf
11-03-2005, 07:25 PM
Darius... so sorry... you were totally right about the folder.jpg thing... it put the album art on the CF card but it used the WMP name for it rather than folder.jpg... once i did that i got the art... stupid of MS to do that especially since that "hack" doesn't even work on the desktop version.

Darius Wey
11-04-2005, 04:25 AM
Great! Glad to see you got it working. :)

Yahdie
11-07-2005, 03:01 PM
Would anybody mind posting what the tree should look like (for just one Album)?

Simple Minds (folder?)>
The Best Of Simple Minds(folder?)>
Don't You (Forget About Me).mp3
folder.jpg(?)

Also, prior to reading this, I had synced my album art, and the name for each pic is a random looking string, followed by .jpg. Should the individual jpg be renamed to "folder.jpg" or should it be the same as the album folder?

TIA

Darius Wey
11-07-2005, 06:21 PM
Yahdie, the general tree should be:

\Artist\Album\*.mp3
\Artist\Album\Folder.jpg

So Folder.jpg and all your MP3 files should reside in that same folder.

If you have all these random JPGs in your folder, just delete them all except for the primary album art JPG which you should rename as Folder.jpg, not the name of the album.

I'm actually planning to write an article on this later in the week, so watch the front-page if you're interested. :)

Yahdie
11-07-2005, 08:07 PM
:D yay! Got it! (Jumps up and down).
Thank you, and I'm looking forward to your article.