View Full Version : I'm tired of dealing with my XV6600

kidoco
10-30-2005, 09:01 PM
I just had it replaced a 4th time and this time they finally sent me a new unit, so I'm taking the oppportunity to sell it and be done with it.

tvos
11-04-2005, 12:13 AM
what was the problem with your device? i just received mine yesterday and it works like a charm... - at least you don't have to pay $$$ to get it replaced othewise you would be SOL.

tvos

kidoco
11-07-2005, 03:36 AM
It has been one thing after another.
I have to reset the device 8 times a day, bluetooths works when iot wants to, wireless sync loses passwords constantly and I often have to reset device in order for it to sync, phone works most of the time but constantly loses connections and many other lesser thing that I've just decided to live with for now. You decide!

tvos
11-07-2005, 04:00 AM
Kidoco,

So far I've had the device for about five days and its doing the job needed!

I use a exchange account that I purchased with www.1and1.com and have not exp. any data loss. Its a dream having wireless sync with outlook 2003 with the ppc. Are you using vzn's wireless sync? If so, I suggest you get away from them on that.

The only thing that I noticed is when I record video at 320x240 the audio is off sync, but if I record at a lower res its right on the money. Again, this is something that I'll have to research.

What rom do you have for the XV6600? There was a release not too long ago.

Let me know what goes so I can help you further...Also, if I were you contact audiovox directly instead of the VZN clowns. They only know a limited info. about the device. There solution is if the device has a scratch on it, replace it which is their extent of trouble-shooting.

Tvos