View Full Version : x50v/x51v versus psp

kaitanium
10-27-2005, 10:14 PM
anyone here think that if more developers push the limits of the 2700g in the axims that it can rival a psp? i mean its packing more pixels per inch than a psp too. i think its coming close yah? or i could be wrong

stunt car extreme and georally ex are looking pretty good already, also enigmo.

Fishie
10-28-2005, 09:56 AM
Overall it is a much more powerfull package yes.
Thing is, no one has a few million to invest in a game title that is limited to a single line of PDA´s.

Sven Johannsen
10-28-2005, 04:19 PM
I'm not a gamer, but I wouldn't think any of the PPCs controls are particular conducive to gaming. Not to many third party options either. So you have the chicken and egg thing going. Do you make a game for a device with crappy controls, or do you make a controller for a device with few games that could use it?

kaitanium
10-28-2005, 06:26 PM
guess hardcore gaming will never happen on a x50v, ill have to stick with my georally, enigmo, and stunt car =(. wat was the point of installing a graphics chip anyways then?

theres a plethora of buttons on the x50v, but yes not really designed and optimized for gaming.

darkdestroyer
10-31-2005, 12:55 PM
The point of a GFX chip is to have VGA output, Better graphics on display, and take some of the drawing workload off of the main CPU.

kaitanium
10-31-2005, 06:35 PM
thats true, funny how that didnt run through my mind. gaaahhh ive got such potential in my hands and it cant be used!!!! i hate that feeling

foebea
10-31-2005, 07:27 PM
I was always looking forware to the second arvale, but by the time it came out I had a psp, and I have not looked back. Now with games like GTA, Burnout, and the soon to arrive Star Wars Battlefront 2, I dont see how I would ever be satisfied with games on the ppc.

In a way it is sad, but I still use the ppc for ubook and betaplayer. I used to use it for lots of gaming and other things as well, but the psp just does it better. I had been saving for an x50v but i dont see myself buying that now. I just cant justify it anymore.

kaitanium
10-31-2005, 08:41 PM
i bet that would change if the dell had more cool games =(