View Full Version : please help with ipaq and wifi net

peopleschamp
10-24-2005, 04:43 AM
i just got a ipaq and im getting a lil angry, iv been trying for two days to connect to the net wi fi, when i go to my networks taht it has found and click connect it just sits there sayign connect and never connects also when i search for a website on internet explorer it says .. cannont connect with current connection setting. to change your connectign settign, tap settings.

please help me in depth im getting really desprate and might return it soon cuz i need it when im on the road and picking up the wireless connection isnt a prob its connecting thnx soo much

Nurhisham Hussein
10-24-2005, 05:43 AM
Unless your attempting to connect through a public hotspot (in which case you will need to know from the provider how to log on - and they should have that information available to you e.g. hotels, restaurants), you should know that most private networks are protected against public access through WEP/WPA keys. Some include hardware (MAC) filtering as well, where only known devices are allowed to connect to the network.

Moreover, connecting to a private network without the knowledge of the network owner is illegal and is also prosecutable.

peopleschamp
10-24-2005, 06:51 AM
no no, my neighbor has a linksy wireless router, that i actauly set up for him, we share it across 2 pcs and 1 laptop, it picks up the linksys connection perfectly just cant connect. also i went to my local starbucks and try their conenction there they gave me the pass and all i needed but still didnt conect, i just hangd at connecting, im just wondering if this will work, cuz im moving to a new place and i dont know if i should go with wireless for the ipaq, or stay with wired , if i get it working then i will go wireless

peopleschamp
10-24-2005, 07:07 AM
i got it working, i was connectign to internet when i should of done connectign to work thnx