View Full Version : XV6700 on Verizon Wireless

Darth Sideous
10-23-2005, 12:16 AM
Has anyone heard anything official regarding when Verizon Wireless may offer this fine instrument?

Jeff Song
10-23-2005, 03:34 AM
Has anyone heard anything official regarding when Verizon Wireless may offer this fine instrument?
I wonder too if it will ever come out on vzw - considering the company already has the samsung i730.

ckeegan
10-25-2005, 02:04 PM
I e-mailed UTStarcom and they specifically told me it would be marketed on Verizon as the XV6700. Someone on another board said that they were having difficulties with their Sprint model and the tech on the phone told them Sprint released this phone early(without a tech barely having touched it) in order to beat Verizon to the punch. I also just found that OnCourse Navigator 5 just released their Christmas edition, which lists the Verizon XV6700 as a compatible device. We also know that Sprint's version features "XV6700" both behind the battery and on the included USB cable. Oh yeah, and HTC's website has pictures of both the black and silver, and both have "Verizon" in the filename. Then, there's always the pdf I found and submitted to engadget, which showed the XV6700 being released 2H05(2nd Half 2005), but then again, it also said it would feature WM 2003.

All I know is that more and more information comes to light everyday, but nothing specifically from Verizon other than the aforementioned pdf.

pdaphonehome.com has one of the most active forums about the potential for Verizon to release XV6700 that I have found anywhere, so you might want to check there every once in a while.

Darth Sideous
11-03-2005, 02:45 AM
I just saw this thread from HowardForums. It suggests that the XV6700 will be released on 11/7. Can anyone confirm?

Here is the thread:
http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=759233&page=1&pp=15

ckeegan
11-03-2005, 02:06 PM
Verizon CSR's are still claiming ignorance that the device even exists(as of yesterday). I'm going with hope on that one, the 7th would be nice, especially for us b2b customers!

If the guy that posted those images on howardforums really works for VZW, then I have faith, and I absolutely do not think someone would waste their time in photoshop with that. Plus, there are the typical photoshop discrepancies, unless of course, he/she is the best photoshop user in the world.

Put it this way, if he had a way to get those docs before anyone else on the web, then I will put my trust in his statements.

4 days...