View Full Version : Anyone clip their ppc or palm onto their belt?

roboedar
10-22-2005, 07:21 AM
Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone uses their ppc sleeve/cases to clip onto their belt. How is it and does it get in the way? or does it just look weird?

This is going to sound weird, but does anyone have pictures?

I'm about to be ordering my x51v and i and thinking of whether or not i should get a leather case for it.

Mark Kenepp
10-22-2005, 07:52 AM
I have a Rhino-skin for my iPaq 2215. One of the reasons I bought it was that it had a belt clip option.

I mostly carry it around in a breast pocket of my SeV Fleece (http://www.scottevest.com/v3_store/30_fleece.shtml), but there are a few occasions when I attached it too my belt (mostly so I can listen to music while doing something else, like cooking).

I also have a case for my cell phone that attaches with a belt clip. Since I almost always carry both with me when I am out and about, if I were in a situation where I did not have any pockets to carry at least one of the devices in a pocket, I would feel weird.

So, to answer your question, I prefer to have my PPC discreetly in a pocket (after all, it is a PocketPC not a Belt-clipPC :wink: ).

But when the time comes when I want to clip it to my belt, I am sure glad that I have that option.

My personal advice is to get a case that has a removable belt clip.

roboedar
10-22-2005, 08:03 AM
yeah thats cool. that looks like a north face jacket!

dickiedove
10-22-2005, 07:06 PM
Don't do it...... I have a silo for my HW6515 that it comes with. I thought I had placed my PDA securely back in, until it toppled from my belt hurtled to the ground and smashed!!!!!! Now its in Amsterdam being repaired for $350... :cry:

oilisab
10-22-2005, 11:58 PM
i must agree with dickie!!

it can happen that one time u think the pda has been securily attached to the clip but not and fall all the way down to the floor and BOOM!!

You dont want that huh?? DONT do it!!

biglouis
10-23-2005, 07:44 AM
I think I've carried various PPCs I've owned over the last few years on my belt most of the time.

I can recommend the Krusell cases with the multiadapt clips, especially. They are good value for money although the quality of the leather is a bit basic,

At present I carry my i-mate JAM all day in its belt holster and I've never had a problem.

However, I am now switching to a separate phone (V3) and PDA (Axim x51v). The V3 comes with its own belt clip case and I'm thinking of getting another Krusell case for the Axim.

Incidentally, of all the belt clips cases I've owned, the Covertec cases are definitely the most luxurious and highest quality but at a price.

LouisB

aNiMeMaN14
10-23-2005, 03:35 PM
I can't go anywhere without a belt clip. What am I gonna do, put it in my pants pocket? That's absurd, do you realize the size of a PPC, even an i-mate Jam? If you're worried about it dropping or something, definitely look into a silicone skin with a belt clip... this is what I use, and the silicone skin absorbs so much impact, you might be tempted to play football with your PDA.

0X