View Full Version : couple questions: Pls

confusedxx
10-21-2005, 04:46 PM
I just got my Loox pocket pc and am going through some growing pains with the upgrade from Palm. Firstly, much of the data I had for contacts in my palm was not copied correctly over to Outlook. Notes were and so was address but not the custom fields. Thus much of the data was lost. Oh well...

The main issue I am having is with new software. Firstly:

WebIs Mail. I cannot see why it is actually better than outlook? I synch with outlook on my home pc and it copied the messages for my gmail accounts. However, wehn I am away and want to send a message or retreive messages using Gmail, it does not happen.
I then created gmail accounts as services but it cannot connect properly and gives me an error that I am not really sure what it means.
Why is Webis mail better than pocket outlook? and
How can I get it to retrieve my gmail messages via WLAN and sent gmail messages as well

Second issue is with Pocket MS Money 2006. I downloaded the trail version of Money 2006 and the PP version as well for 2006. The PPC version says it might not display correctly since it was developed for an older version of the OS. :mrgreen: Leave it to MS to do something like that. But once both are installed, the PPC money never synchs with the desktop datafiles. When I click option on my Active synch there is no box for MS money like the other things. When I click on Start Menu and Ms Money, NOTHING happens. NOTHING. It does not open up money at all. Is there a better program that will synch with money and allow me to enter transations into my money account while on the road?

I know it is growing pain and I need to learn to like the PPC, but the 2 SW issues are quite worrying. I wonder if it is the danger of using yet another thing from MS?

natecorbitt
10-21-2005, 08:37 PM
Second issue is with Pocket MS Money 2006. I downloaded the trail version of Money 2006 and the PP version as well for 2006. The PPC version says it might not display correctly since it was developed for an older version of the OS. :mrgreen: Leave it to MS to do something like that. But once both are installed, the PPC money never synchs with the desktop datafiles. When I click option on my Active synch there is no box for MS money like the other things. When I click on Start Menu and Ms Money, NOTHING happens. NOTHING. It does not open up money at all. Is there a better program that will synch with money and allow me to enter transations into my money account while on the road?

I'm just guessing here, but maybe it has something to do with the PC version of Money only being a trial version. I have the full version of Money 2006 on my desktop, so I downloaded the PPC version. I have had no problems getting it to sync.

As for your other question about money programs, SPB Finance is said to sync with Money, but I have not ever used it, so I can't vouch for its effectiveness.

EDIT - SPB Finance can be found here: http://spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/finance/?en

confusedxx
10-22-2005, 01:36 PM
Thanks for the tips regarding money. I will upgrade to the full version and give that a go.

What about with email. I am still struggling to get it to send and receive when in Wifi mode and connected to the internet. It will only synch with the PC. Is it possible to both synch with the PC and use it for sending and receiving when wireless?

Thanks again for the MS Money tips. I will try that out.

confusedxx
10-22-2005, 05:32 PM
SPB Finance works find with the Trial version of MS Money 2006. Seems to be a really nice program.

Cybrid
10-26-2005, 10:03 PM
I just got my Loox pocket pc and am going through some growing pains with the upgrade from Palm. Firstly, much of the data I had for contacts in my palm was not copied correctly over to Outlook. Notes were and so was address but not the custom fields. Thus much of the data was lost. Oh well...

Why is Webis mail better than pocket outlook? and
How can I get it to retrieve my gmail messages via WLAN and sent gmail messages as well
I'm sorry to hear about the data loss in custom fields. I have a feeling they may be retained but not accessible through contacts natively. Did you use desktop Outlook to transfer it? it it still in there?

As for WebIS, it can handle HTML mail better than poutlook. It does have stability issues. but from what I remember of poutlook, so did it.