View Full Version : How about the following device?

martino
10-21-2005, 02:02 PM
Recently I bought an I-mate JasJar and it's and excellent device. The only thing that really goes on my nerves is the thickness of the device (2.5cm!!!)!!! It's really a lot. It causes many problems when I have to carry it around, so I came to a decision that a hardware keyboard (built-in) is not really necessary. I prefer much more to use the software keyboard (I love it!). So I was thinking, is there a pocket pc device or if not how long do you think it will take until a similar one will be made...see the specs below to see what I'm talkin' about:

520MHz or 416MHz
128 or 256MB ROM
64MB RAM(I wouldn't mind more)
WM5 Phone Edition
VGA Screen
WiFi
Bluetooth
Infra-Red
USB 2.0
SDIO
1.3MP Camera

and without a keyboard!

So what do you think?
Thank You

Menneisyys
10-21-2005, 08:29 PM
I'd also like to get a no-silly-thumbboard converged device with the specs above (but preferably with a 624MHz CPU), and with, preferably, 3G/EDGE, an Intel 2700g (I've just run into CUBE on the x50v... :drool: ) CIF III GPS, real USB host, jog dial, HW WM5 menu buttons and 802.11g built-in.

I don't understand why PDA manufacturers don't produce high-end devices like this.

martino
10-21-2005, 09:37 PM
I wouldn't really mind if it wasn't high end, you can still overclock if it's not fast enough. But I just hate when there is something that makes you go mad, like the useless keyboard!!!

Oh, yeah...a graphics chip would be nice!