View Full Version : Wireless Connection Problem After S&T 2006 Installation

Rubberman
10-21-2005, 04:02 AM
Shortly after installing MS Streets & Trips 2006 on my laptop, I began experiencing connection problems between my laptop and my Ipaq 4705. Prior to the installation, I was able to connect my two devices through USB, Wi-Fi, or BT without having Outlook up and running on my laptop. Now, in order to obtain a connection, Outlook must be up - either online (using a VPN) or offline. No Outlook, No connection. If Outlook is not running (in either mode) I get a dialog box after a minute or two saying, "Activesync cannot log on to Microsoft Outlook. Make sure Outlook is installed and functioning correctly, you may have to restart your computer. You could have a conflict due to two folders on this computer are named C:\Program Files\Microsoft and C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office. If so, rename the (former) folder so that it does not contain the word Microsoft. If this folder contains subfolders, you may need to reinstall programs in the renamed folder...."

Any ideas what might have happened? I can still sync my PDA, but it concerns me that something changed and I don't understand it. Thanks for any help. Regards, GWQ