View Full Version : Activesync Error 85010014

Darren Behan
10-19-2005, 11:13 PM
I'm getting an Activesync error when attempting to sync my WM5 K-Jam with my work PC & work Laptop. In both cases this points to error 85010014. From reading around I have tried the following solutions, none of which have worked:

1) Uninstall Activesync 4
2) Run scanpst vs. Outlook
3) Uninstall Outlook
4) Reinstall Outlook
5) Reinstall Activesync 4
6) Hard reset and repeat 1 - 5 until you are pulling your hair out.

I've also tried working offline in the laptop.

There is some buzz around this having to do with an incompatibility with Folder Redirection but I have zero chance of getting my IT folks to change their setup in a 60K person company for just me (we'll ignore the fact that Blackberry is the only 'supported' PDA).

Any help that anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated. Having a PDA that won't sync defeats the purpose of having a PDA.

Also, if you having this issue as well, please post here so I can see how wide spread this is.

Thanks,

db

Darius Wey
10-20-2005, 06:21 AM
Rather than trying to uninstall and install Outlook, have you tried a reinstall (Repair Office) process? If that doesn't work, I've heard that deleting any partnerships may help (look under the File menu of ActiveSync).

Darren Behan
10-20-2005, 12:36 PM
I've tried both and neither worked. Appreciate the response though.

Update: Nothing in the Windows Mobile trouble shooting guide posted by Jason today seems to work either.

db