View Full Version : Pocket PC's answer to Shadowplan?

Cirrob
10-18-2005, 08:10 PM
This has baffled me since about 6 months ago. I almost made the switch then, but as soon as I found no viable replacement for Shadowplan type of program in the PPC camp, I cancel my Axim order and continued along my merry way.

However, soon my T3 died after about 2 years it just stopped keeping time. So I made the crossover to PPC and order the new dell x51v. I love this little machine. It does soo much and is capible of so much more than I ever expected.

HOWEVER, howcome not ONE developer out there has caught on to the Shadowplan/Bonsia craze over in the palm camp? Is it impossible to create a outliner that has a direct link with your PIM software? The closest thing I have found is mindmap which exports tasks (just tasks, not appointments) to your pocket outlook, but if you check the task off in one program, it is still incomplete in the other. There is no direct link which makes either the PIM a useless tool, or the outliner a useless tool.

I am just shocked that for all of a PPC's power and capabilities, that this type of direct link is apperantly impossible... I say it is impossible because ONE of these developers had to have thought of this before and simply found out its not doable.

callmemoe
11-11-2005, 02:59 AM
I do miss Bonsai from my Palm days. I have yet to find anything similar to Shadow/Bonsai with the almost flawless integration to the PIM apps. Natara is developing a ppc version of DayNotez so I am hoping that they will do the same with Bonsai.

shindullin
12-23-2005, 01:46 AM
Not sure if this is an answer since I have no idea what Shadowplan is, but Pocket Informant allows you to link people with tasks and dates.

BTS
01-05-2006, 12:57 AM
Have you tried ABD Idea rom Happy Jack Road software? I have been able to link ideas to Outlook task lists. You can also link graphics, sounds, etc. It is free so give it a try!