View Full Version : Thunderhawk Replacement?

Golfer
10-17-2005, 08:35 PM
I use Thunderhawk on my ipaq 5550, and I'm happy with it. My yearly subscription is due in a couple of weeks and I just wondered if there was anything else available now.

I like the landscape viewing (bearing in mind that the ipaq 5550 isn't WM5). Just wondered if it was worth waiting for Minimo etc?

Thanks in advance

Menneisyys
10-17-2005, 08:51 PM
I use Thunderhawk on my ipaq 5550, and I'm happy with it. My yearly subscription is due in a couple of weeks and I just wondered if there was anything else available now.

I like the landscape viewing (bearing in mind that the ipaq 5550 isn't WM5). Just wondered if it was worth waiting for Minimo etc?

Thanks in advance

Thunderhawk is especially suited for QVGA devices (as opposed to VGA ones). I don't think Minimo (if it becomes absolutely bug-free), or, for that matter, any other Pocket PC-based Web browser can give you the same rendering quality as Thunderhawk.

Bottom line: stay with Thunderhawk as long as you stick with QVGA devices.

Also see this (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/index.php?action=expand,42026) article on the available Web browsers.

Golfer
10-17-2005, 08:59 PM
Thank you. That was my 'gut' feel. Just need to see if there are any Thunderhawk specials offers coming up :D