View Full Version : MS Streets and Maps 2006

OneAngryDwarf
10-17-2005, 08:13 PM
Anybody know if they finally made the Pocket PC version a full GPS program w/ on the go driving directions? The full Windows version looks really cool and it would be nice to use that on the PPC.

Noel
10-17-2005, 08:46 PM
Apparently it IS included in Desktop version...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000AOGDM0/102-0092915-1504178

"Pocket Streets for the Pocket PC and Smartphone is also included"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Noel

SteveHoward999
10-17-2005, 09:24 PM
Pocket Streets has been available for years with the desktop version of Streets and Trips, MapPoint and AutoRoute Express (different names for different parts of the world and for business/home user).

It is a severely cut-down version of the desktop software. It has been GPS enabled for years also ... but again, it is a crippled version of what you see on the desktop/laptop. It's good for such a cheap tool, but not a patch on something like TomTom.

OneAngryDwarf
10-17-2005, 09:32 PM
I should clarify my question as I already knew about the existence of this software for years along w/ the GPS support. Can the new version for the PPC be used as a standalone where you can enter an address and have it create a route and give you turn by turn directions as you drive? Similar to TomTom, iGuidance, Mapopolis, or OCN?

Sven Johannsen
10-17-2005, 09:38 PM
ICan the new version for the PPC be used as a standalone where you can enter an address and have it create a route and give you turn by turn directions as you drive? Similar to TomTom, iGuidance, Mapopolis, or OCN?

No, same as before...You are here...that's it.