View Full Version : Fixing wallpaper

peach
10-17-2005, 02:51 AM
I made a wallpaper in photoshop, and put it on my PPC, and set it as my background... but it puts this strange white overlay on it, which makes it look ugly, how do I disable it?

Darius Wey
10-17-2005, 03:15 AM
That's a feature implemented by the OS to compensate for illegible text that may be present with some background pictures.

The easiest way is to open up the Pictures application (if you have it on your device), open the picture you want to set as the wallpaper, select Tools > Set as Today Wallpaper..., and from there, you can modify the transparency level.

uwaku
10-17-2005, 01:09 PM
You'd be better off creating an actual theme, rather than just a wallpaper. There are several programs available to rapidly do this for you, such as the Theme Generator, which is free.

Menneisyys
10-18-2005, 09:43 AM
I made a wallpaper in photoshop, and put it on my PPC, and set it as my background... but it puts this strange white overlay on it, which makes it look ugly, how do I disable it?

As Darius has pointed out, Pictures is the best solution.

If you want to create your own TSK files, youll definitely find this (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=361263) article useful.