View Full Version : No screen saver and device does not turn off when it is on battery power.

emfung
10-16-2005, 01:46 PM
My iPAQ does not turn off and no screen saver played at time specified when it is not docked (on battery mode)!!

Pls help..

My spb time is set to show after 2 minutes of inactivity, and the pre-installed dockware to show at its default 3 minutes, and the device to turn off after 5 minutes. Nothing other than the backlight off seems to happen.

But when it is docked to the cradle, the screen savers show at the predefined time as normal.

Anyone of you experience this b4??

Thank you very much..

Janak Parekh
10-17-2005, 02:45 AM
Which iPAQ is it?

Also, have you tried disabling SPB Time and Dockware to make sure, at least, that the device turns off?

--janak

Nurhisham Hussein
10-17-2005, 04:08 AM
As far as Spb and Dockware not starting on battery power, this is by design. From Dockware's product page:

DockWare Pro's auto-start feature means that you don't even need to run it yourself. You can let DockWare Pro take over whenever your device is idle and running on external power.

From Spb Time's Manual:

Screen Saver - Spb time includes a clock screen saver. When your Pocket PC is connected to external power, the screen saver application will automatically load after a specified period of time.

emfung
10-17-2005, 11:40 AM
Yeah, that's the strange thing.. Even when both are disabled, the ipaq does not turn off at the specified time. I've double checked the "Power" setting. I have checked "Turn off....." (On battery power). The ipaq (rx3715) has never turn off on battery power. (But I'm not sure it's since I bought it or since spb time installed [installed just the next few days after I bought the ipaq]). There were many times when I accidentally turned it on, and it did not swith off for hours till I noticed that.

Thank you.

Nurhisham Hussein
10-17-2005, 01:35 PM
That is odd - I've got both installed and have not that kind of problem.

emfung
10-17-2005, 06:53 PM
I've found the "bug". The "culprit" is marsware weather panel. I've got to disable its "Auto rotate cities" to get the screen savers work. It seems that the auto-rotation produces 'activity'.

Ok, now my problems solved. Thank you for ur help hisham, and janak.

Spb time is a good program indeed. I'm giving it 10 thumbsup. I like the GUI and alarm function very much. At first I couldn't get the alarm works bcoz of the WM2003 alarm bug. I had this solved with WakeupTweak.

With the screen saver works well now, almost everything is perfect, at least for me..

Thank you.

Nurhisham Hussein
10-18-2005, 02:15 AM
Glad to hear it!