View Full Version : Ipaq 2755 does not sync

IceDigger
10-15-2005, 08:57 PM
I am having trouble with my ipaq 2755 that it will not sync. The active sync at the bottom right is green and it says it is connected but if I double click on it the main active sync does not come on like it usually does.

I right click on it and hit explore and it gives me this error:

"Critical comunications services have failed to start. Try resetting mobile device, and then connect again."

I have reset the ppc and also did a hard reset with the same results.

Any ideas?

I am running winxp pro sp2 with all patches to date. Activesync 3.8.

burtcom
10-16-2005, 01:58 AM
Is this using a serial or USB cable?

Make sure USB and/or serial connection is enabled within Activesync.

If it is, it could be a bad cable -- borrow or buy another and try again.

Jimmy Dodd
10-16-2005, 04:44 AM
Since you are running ActiveSync 3.8 I'll assume you are running 2003 SE on your iPAQ. (If you are running WM5 then you need to install ActiveSync 4.0.)

Have you tried rebooting XP? I have had occaisions where that would clear up AS problems.

Alternatively, you can try manually killing the ActiveSync processes from Task Manager. wcescomm.exe and WCESMgr.exe are the processes in question. After ending the processes, try restarting ActiveSync from the Start menu.

If neither of these do the trick, then I'd go with burtcom's idea to check the connection settings. Also, if you've installed any new software to XP, you might be having a comm conflict.

trog
10-17-2005, 06:57 PM
I have had the same problem happen sporadically on my 2755. It only happens throught the cradle. I purchased a car charger/sync cable and have had absolutely no problems syncing that way.

IceDigger
10-17-2005, 08:01 PM
Installed activesync 4 and the problem went away.