View Full Version : Agenda Fusion- A great app being let down by terrible customer service?

dickiedove
10-12-2005, 01:43 PM
For afficionado's of Developer One's Agenda Fusion... There's a right old row going on in the Developer One Forums.

A whole host of users are up in arms that updates have been infrequent and are much needed to finish an application that was "released too early" is "full of bugs" and by the sounds of it is only half-cooked:

"Look at the Project View in AF7 - sorry but that's not a finished product and yet it has not been improved since May (over three months). Virtually none of the suggestions that AF 7 users have made have seen the light of day." Cites one Fusion customer.

ANd if you dig around for long enough and hunt through the threads you'll notice ther may be something of a can of worms that'll have our friends at WEBIS reaching for the champagne and toasting their success. In another disgruntled users words:

".........what is one fee paying customer to deduce ?

* No updates for ages

* Poor online support in the forums - just glib, window dressing replies when someone can be bothered to read the postings left by users

* Tacit admission that everyone's busy on an unreleased op-sys rather than fixing an already paid for, unfinished project."

And piling the insult onto injury, this happy camper rants on:

"D1 could learn a lot from developers such as SBSH where a much more active dialogue between user and developer takes place to the benefit of all. One doesn't mind paying because updates are regular and real, customers are treated as friends and not just an income stream - their contributions make a real and acknowledged difference to the evolution of the project.
I've had it with AF - I'll put it down to experience and be much more careful how and when I spend money on software.........................."

What say you? Do you love them or hate 'em

jhalsey205
10-12-2005, 05:32 PM
I agree 100%. I am a long time PPC user going back to my trustie Casio e105, followed by my IPAQ 3630, Samsung i600 Smartphone, and now Samsung i730. I believe an application is only as good as the developer that stands behind it.

That is one of the reasons I migrated over to WebIS's PocketInformant (and WebIS Mail) and have not looked back. I believe their product(s) are rock solid, well tested, and the developer is very responsive.

I am also a huge fan of SBHS - rock solid products (I run PocketBreeze, PocketWeather, & iLauncher), well tested and ultra responsive support.

dickiedove
10-12-2005, 11:17 PM
Reading more deeply into the forum it seems to be promise after promise with no delivery. The excuse being that the Windows Mobile 2005 conversion has proven to be more complex than previously thought.

However bearing in mind the AF release was sold to customers with 2003 SE should we care?

At the outset of AF7 D1 promised a brand new Project view to be enhanced with plenty of developments in the pipeline.

The problem is none of those enhancements have ever come to light because there hasn't been an update in over 6 months.

Small wonder paying customer's feel resentment towards D1 for treating loyal customers like cash cows to be milked to foot the bill for the development of the next operating system's customers.

dickiedove
10-14-2005, 03:28 PM
Well it would seem that lots out there don't really approve of the way D1 handle their customers. Maybe its time someone bought them out.... New management might get things back on track any millionaires out there?!

dickiedove
10-21-2005, 11:25 AM
It is alleged that negative comments seem to be met with deletion on the Agenda Fusion Forum... :oops:

"A few weeks back I created a new thread in this forum which pointed out an incorrect link on your website.

I have just noticed that instead of responding to my point or - even better - correcting the problem on your website, you have recently deleted the thread without notice. I know that other threads have been summarily deleted, much to the annoyance of posters.

Why do you do this? Can you not see that you are really annoying users by this kind of action? We post these items to try to help improve the product not to upset you."

No matter as yet another cynical user points out:

"D1 should take account of the quote by John Gilmore......

"The Net interprets censorship as damage... and routes around it""