View Full Version : Help I sold my 5450 to early!

krösamaja
10-10-2005, 01:06 PM
Hi everybody, I'm new in this forum, so first I wanna say hello to you all.

Awaiting the newest HP PhonePda miracle devices, I started selling my iPAQ 5450. Gladly I could sell it along with all the accessoiries in one deal. Not realizing that there was no good alternative at the market!

The hw6515 looked nice, but lacks Wifi and already has a bad reputation. The hw6715's specs look great, but when will it be available? And if I ran to the store to get it immediately after its release, will I regret it days later?

Is it worth waiting for the 6715? Any alternatives (Palm treo with Mobile5?)

Krösamaja

Janak Parekh
10-10-2005, 05:03 PM
The hw6515 looked nice, but lacks Wifi and already has a bad reputation. The hw6715's specs look great, but when will it be available? And if I ran to the store to get it immediately after its release, will I regret it days later?
How does the hw6515 have a bad reputation? It's only WM2003SE, admittedly, but I thought the device got decent reviews. I haven't read them all though.

I have no idea, alas, when the 6715 is coming out. The WM5 Treo will be coming out January-ish. There are alternatives (like the HTC Wizard), but their availability depends on where you are. In particular, Europe tends to get the newest devices a little ahead of North America, with some exceptions. If you can tell us where you are and/or your carrier, we might be able to give you some more concrete help.

--janak

krösamaja
10-11-2005, 07:53 AM
People who bought it complain of bad performance. The built in GPS is lousy. I don't need a built in GPS anyway - instead I'd prefer Wifi. I bought Tomtom and a Xiaox Bluetooth GPS which work fine.

So any news on the hw6715 is welcome. I'm dutch, living close to the German and Belgian border, so any which where it comes out first I can get it easily.

Strolling around however I tripped over the Imate jasjar. Any experiences? Anyone?

Krösamaja

Menneisyys
10-13-2005, 06:46 AM
People who bought it complain of bad performance. The built in GPS is lousy. I don't need a built in GPS anyway - instead I'd prefer Wifi. I bought Tomtom and a Xiaox Bluetooth GPS which work fine.

So any news on the hw6715 is welcome.

It'll come early next year, with WM5. Please see http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=43082 on this:

"On the other hand, the hw6715 WILL ship with WM5, but instead of shipping at the beginning of next year, I'm now told that the release date has been broadened to "sometime 1st quarter of next year" which means we may not see the device until February or March."

Strolling around however I tripped over the Imate jasjar. Any experiences? Anyone?

Well... so-so, I'd say. Its PDA part is by no means the best and, technically, most up-to-date. I, personally (who want absolutely the best PDA, feature- and performance-wise) wouldn't buy it. Please see http://www.firstloox.org//forums/showthread.php?t=4887 for the pros and cons when compared to prolly the best standalone PDA as of now, the PL720.