View Full Version : Why won't my bluetooth headset...

RAP-BIG-ICP1
10-09-2005, 09:46 PM
Dial "* Talk" when I press the button???

Is there a software that will do this?

I have a PPC 6600 with Sprint service. I have an HS850 bluetooth headset. I know of others with bluetooth that can simply press the button, and the phone is then ready for voice dial.

Sprint tells me that this option is not available on this phone. I just can't believe that.

Any help??

phs
10-19-2005, 05:44 AM
Sprint tells me that this option is not available on this phone.

Could be true. PocketPCs are different animals ...

RAP-BIG-ICP1
10-20-2005, 12:12 AM
Sprint tells me that this option is not available on this phone.

Could be true. PocketPCs are different animals ...

That sucks.

Cybrid
11-16-2005, 01:12 AM

I have a PPC 6600 with Sprint service. I have an HS850 bluetooth headset. I know of others with bluetooth that can simply press the button, and the phone is then ready for voice dial.

Sprint tells me that this option is not available on this phone. I just can't believe that.

Any help??Can you elaborate? I can activate the connection to my PPC by the talk button....I'm thinking it is a setting.
If sprint is like many other service providers...their collective knowledge is
e4quivalent to the contents of an outhouse.

RAP-BIG-ICP1
11-17-2005, 06:33 AM

Any help??Can you elaborate? I can activate the connection to my PPC by the talk button....I'm thinking it is a setting.
e4quivalent to the contents of an outhouse.
Well, I have (on my own) figured out that if I press and hold the button on my headset, the phone will dial the number of the last call. Otherwise, I don't know.
I want it to dial * - that's the code for sprints voice service.

Cybrid
11-17-2005, 11:53 AM
Can you elaborate? I can activate the connection to my PPC by the talk button....I'm thinking it is a setting.
equivalent to the contents of an outhouse.
Well, I have (on my own) figured out that if I press and hold the button on my headset, the phone will dial the number of the last call. Otherwise, I don't know.
I want it to dial * - that's the code for sprints voice service. What about a quick tap? set up the phone voice dial and activating the connection should enable you to say "voicemail" or doesn't that work?

RAP-BIG-ICP1
11-18-2005, 01:54 AM
Can you elaborate? I can activate the connection to my PPC by the talk button....I'm thinking it is a setting.
equivalent to the contents of an outhouse.
I want it to dial * - that's the code for sprints voice service. What about a quick tap? set up the phone voice dial and activating the connection should enable you to say "voicemail" or doesn't that work?

The phone itself (http://www.mobiledia.com/phones/audiovox/ppc6600.html) doesn't have "voice dial". That's why I have to dial '* talk' to get to the sprint voice dial service. It's really stupid actually. "here, let's give our customers a hands free option, but we'll make them use 2 key presses to actually use it!! That should be really handy in the car!"

Cybrid
11-18-2005, 12:50 PM
The phone itself (http://www.mobiledia.com/phones/audiovox/ppc6600.html) doesn't have "voice dial". That's why I have to dial '* talk' to get to the sprint voice dial service. It's really stupid actually. "here, let's give our customers a hands free option, but we'll make them use 2 key presses to actually use it!! That should be really handy in the car!"ROFL.
Yea. That's definitely a unique design feature. You could try voice command....

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/downloads/voicecommand/features.mspx
Voice Command transforms your Pocket PC into your own virtual personal assistant, letting you use your voice to look up contacts, make phone calls, get calendar information, play and control your music, as well as start programs. Voice Command makes it easier and more convenient than ever to take your digital lifestyle with you wherever you go.