View Full Version : How to stop from menu showing all accessed programs

suzgal
10-06-2005, 09:37 PM
anyone know how to not show all the programs I have entered on the menu? I can get the menu to show only those that I want, but it also shows all programs I have been in?

Any help would be apprieciated...

jhennig
10-06-2005, 11:09 PM
replace shortcuts with the actual programs. Shortcuts appear while .exe's will not.

PetiteFlower
10-08-2005, 03:47 AM
Is there a way to limit the recent programs displayed to a certain number? I hate how it makes my start menu fill up the whole screen.

jhennig
10-08-2005, 04:23 AM
not that I am aware of.

yankeejeep
10-08-2005, 11:45 AM
The Start Menu display of recent programs is displayed on a space-available basis. If you place more static items in \Windows\Start Menu, you can reduce the number of slots available for the dynamic (recently accessed) portion of the menu list.

Several hacking apps (I prefer Tweaks2k2) have commands that will erase the list, but it is dynamic and will rebuild itself with device use.

PetiteFlower
10-08-2005, 09:45 PM
Man, that SUCKS. I hate having my start menu fill the whole screen! Putting more static items in the menu wouldn't help keep it smaller. That's the stupidest idea I've ever heard of. Is WM5 like this too?

Steven Cedrone
10-08-2005, 11:11 PM
Wisbar allows you to configure what you see in the start menu. Not sure if this would be something you would consider, but you may want to take a look:

http://www.lakeridgesoftware.com/downloads/index.html