View Full Version : Screen is Very Dim When 4700 in Cradle - OK Otherwise!

ArchiMark
10-04-2005, 04:43 AM
Not sure what happened a while ago (well, I did put the 4700 in the cradle while it was turned on...)...

but now when my 4700 is in the cradle (charging light flashing amber...) the display (when 4700 switched ON) is extremely dim, can barely even see that it is ON.

However, if I remove it from the cradle, then the display brightens up to normal looking display...

What can I do to fix this weirdness???

Thanks for any help!

Darius Wey
10-04-2005, 05:10 AM
Have you tried a soft reset?

yankeejeep
10-04-2005, 12:23 PM
Have you checked the brightness settings for the device while on AC power? The slider may have gotten reset to a low level or the backlight off time may have been reduced for the while-on-AC setting.

ArchiMark
10-04-2005, 06:18 PM
Thanks for your help, Darius!

That was the first thing I tried....didn't help...

Have you tried a soft reset?

ArchiMark
10-04-2005, 06:21 PM
Think that did it, yankeejeep!

At least now display is bright while connected with mini-Sync cable (I'm at work now...)...will test with cradle at home tonight to make sure that it's OK...

Weird thing is that I don't know how setting changed??

Have you checked the brightness settings for the device while on AC power? The slider may have gotten reset to a low level or the backlight off time may have been reduced for the while-on-AC setting.

Darius Wey
10-05-2005, 05:08 AM

Anything really - an accidental tap of a backlight screen slider on your Today screen (if you have one), or a naughty program who feels it necessary to configure backlight settings yet not change it back.

ArchiMark
10-05-2005, 04:43 PM
Now, I get it.....

Thanks, Darius!

Anything really - an accidental tap of a backlight screen slider on your Today screen (if you have one), or a naughty program who feels it necessary to configure backlight settings yet not change it back.