View Full Version : Newbie

XanderP
10-02-2005, 04:41 PM
Hi guys just thought I would say hi. I am a newbie and ahve just joined this great website I have a Qtek S100 and I am soon to purchase a gig sd. I have a few questions I would like to ask. First off
1.Are windows mobile 5 and pocket pc 2003 nearly the same?
2.Are their any good games for pocket pc?
3.How good is the movie quality on a pocket pc?

Cheers

Alexander

Menneisyys
10-02-2005, 07:31 PM
Hi guys just thought I would say hi. I am a newbie and ahve just joined this great website I have a Qtek S100 and I am soon to purchase a gig sd. I have a few questions I would like to ask. First off
1.Are windows mobile 5 and pocket pc 2003 nearly the same?
2.Are their any good games for pocket pc?
3.How good is the movie quality on a pocket pc?

Cheers

Alexander

Welcome to the board! :)

1, WM5 is the successor to WM2003; it's, therefore, definitely more advanced. However, WM2003 isn't bad either.

2, there are. My personal favourite is Acky's Breakout. You may want to check out pocketgamer.org (especially the forums!) for other games.

3, yes, with BetaPlayer / TCPMP, watching videos is very enjoyable on a PPC that has a good screen.

XanderP
10-02-2005, 08:38 PM
Thanks! I already have age of empires and I have had some ziosoft games and thay are pretty good! Can I upgrade to wm5 as I do not want to be left behind with my software? Oh ye and I have seen a recently realesed charcoal i mate jam and was wondering if it is different to the rest of the series?

Cheers

Alexander

Darius Wey
10-03-2005, 02:43 AM
Can I upgrade to wm5 as I do not want to be left behind with my software?

There's no official Windows Mobile 5.0 upgrade planned for that particular device, but it's not a do or die situation. You'll still get by on Windows Mobile 2003 SE, and your software will still work.

Oh ye and I have seen a recently realesed charcoal i mate jam and was wondering if it is different to the rest of the series?

It has a few enhancements: 128MB RAM, anti-virus software from CA, and Skype. It's definitely not worth spending hundreds of dollars just to upgrade.