View Full Version : Jornada July 02 - September 05 R.I.P

Paul Martin
10-01-2005, 08:14 PM
Well, it finally happened to me. My Jornada 568 was in my pants pocket (in a leather case). I somehow pinched it between my leg and a hard surface and the screen cracked. I tapped on the screen and the start menu will pop up, but that's it.

Man, I had a lot of fun with this thing, from running a web server (Apache and Perl) to Bible Study. I guess it's time to start saving for another.

Paul

Stephen Beesley
10-04-2005, 02:39 AM
Well, it finally happened to me. My Jornada 568 was in my pants pocket (in a leather case). I somehow pinched it between my leg and a hard surface and the screen cracked. I tapped on the screen and the start menu will pop up, but that's it.

Man, I had a lot of fun with this thing, from running a web server (Apache and Perl) to Bible Study. I guess it's time to start saving for another.

Paul

A sad day indeed - but it sounds like your Jornada had a long and full life!

I remember how down I was the day I stood on my Jornada and broke the screen. I ended up doing a screen transplant and it lived on for another year.

Paul Martin
10-04-2005, 02:45 AM
Yes, you understand. After your ebay loss, were you able to get something? Have the withdrawl symptoms settled? I'm really missing mine and looks like it may be a while before we can get another.

Paul

Stephen Beesley
10-04-2005, 03:53 AM
Yes, you understand. After your ebay loss, were you able to get something? Have the withdrawl symptoms settled? I'm really missing mine and looks like it may be a while before we can get another.

Paul

If you read the second thread I have referenced in my sig you will see that I was very fortunate and thanks to another PPC Thoughts reader I was able to get back on the PPC bandwagon.

I am still saving up to buy a new device, Axim still favourite but the new Loox models are very interesting, in the future.

Paul Martin
10-04-2005, 01:19 PM
Wow...that is really cool. Thanks for pointing me to the link. What a great story.

Paul