View Full Version : budget of $300-400 ppc or palm?

oilisab
09-29-2005, 09:31 PM
i have a budget of 300 to 400 bucks.

what do you guys think is better? Buy a palm or a ppc?
what are the pros and the cons of each when talking about performance and compatiblity with other programs??

Is the market going to the ppc area or the palm area?

thanks in advance

surur
09-29-2005, 09:42 PM
PPC of course. Palm is dying (they just announced their first Windows Mobile Treo this Monday). If you buy Palm now, your software investment will go into Palm, and on two years, when POS is no more, you would have wasted it when you upgrade to a WM handheld.

Surur

christak
09-29-2005, 10:48 PM
You can get a Dell x51v in that price range... vga screen, WM5, and a large 256MB ROM. I'd go PPC, but I'm pretty biased towards PPCs...(and against HP) right now. Palm devices have never interested me.

damigs
09-30-2005, 01:00 AM
Another thing.. Will you be using this device as a phone also? That makes i big difference as far as what you can get for the buck.

Patrick Y.
09-30-2005, 02:14 AM
i have a budget of 300 to 400 bucks.

what do you guys think is better? Buy a palm or a ppc?
what are the pros and the cons of each when talking about performance and compatiblity with other programs??

Is the market going to the ppc area or the palm area?

thanks in advance

You should get a Pocket PC, of course. As others said, Palm is officially dying from the fact they switch to Windows Mobile Treo. Palm operation system, I admit, is more stable. However, it doesn't offer as much feature as ppc. According the articles I read, palm just can't keep up with the current technology.

oilisab
09-30-2005, 06:01 AM
ok thanx for your input guys!!