View Full Version : Atention: Bug in WM5 machines.

ctitanic
09-28-2005, 04:34 PM
This bug affects machines QVGAs and VGAs with Windows Mobile 5 Installed. I have prepared a Test program designed for VGAs but that does not mean that this bug is not present in QVGAs.

How to know if your machine is affected?

1-Uncompress the attached ZIP file in your PC.
2-Copy the .EXE and the .MUI file to any folder in your Pocket PC with Windows Mobile 5.
3-Run the EXE and follow the instructions if you get any.

If you are able to see this picture that means that this bug does not affect your machine:

http://www.tweaks2k2.com/images/muitest2.jpg

If what you see in your Pocket PC with Windows Mobile 5 installed is this following picture, that means that your machine is affected by this bug:

http://www.tweaks2k2.com/images/muitest1.jpg

Again, this test is for VGAs with Windows Mobile 5. If you see the flower you are ok, if you don’t see the flower your PPC is affected by this bug.

Later Today an article is going to be published explaining what is happening. One more thing... I have the results of a few tests that indicate that the problem is not present in Jasjar but it's present in the X51v where Dell changed the Windows Mobile Settings and as result uncover this Windows Mobile 5 Bug.

Please report back if your Pocket PC is affected. If your Pocket PC is not affected please tell if the latest version of Tweaks2K2 is installed.

More information about this bug here:

http://www.pocketnow.com/index.php?a=portal_detail&t=reviews&id=702

dorelse
09-29-2005, 05:39 AM
Not sure where the thread went to on another 'special' axim site forum...but on my Axim x50v running WM2003SE, I see the full picture first time, every time.

Let me know if you need anything else!

yankeejeep
09-29-2005, 10:59 AM
I think that this issue is related specifically to WM5 and does not occur in earlier versions. Anyone else able to test this yet with WM5 on another model?

ctitanic
09-29-2005, 12:43 PM
Exactly, it only affect WM5 machines

You can find more details about this bug here

http://www.pocketnow.com/index.php?a=portal_detail&t=reviews&id=702

ctitanic
09-29-2005, 01:54 PM
Not sure where the thread went to on another 'special' axim site forum...but on my Axim x50v running WM2003SE, I see the full picture first time, every time.

Let me know if you need anything else!

Thanks! The thread that you are talking about was deleted because the administration found that it went completely out of topic (I asked for help and I received just attacks ;))

I just opened another thread pointing to the article explaining the bug there.

dorelse
09-29-2005, 03:51 PM
I think that this issue is related specifically to WM5 and does not occur in earlier versions. Anyone else able to test this yet with WM5 on another model?

Yeah, I know, but ctitanic asked me to test it on my x50v running WM2003SE. I couldn't post back b/c the thread was gone, so I did it here.

0X

ctitanic
09-29-2005, 03:54 PM

Yeah, I know, but ctitanic asked me to test it on my x50v running WM2003SE. I couldn't post back b/c the thread was gone, so I did it here.

0X

That´s right, I wanted to show those guys that the test program was working perfectly in 2003SE and that it wont work in the X51v.

dorelse
09-29-2005, 04:57 PM
So here's the $50k question...are you able to fix this with in your tweaks program, or does this have to come from Dell through a ROM update?

ctitanic
09-29-2005, 05:28 PM
So here's the $50k question...are you able to fix this with in your tweaks program, or does this have to come from Dell through a ROM update?

In the article I said that it could be fixed by deactivating this Security Prompt Feature. That can be done using the Tool that I uploaded at my site or just by running Tweaks2k2 the latest version. My program needs access to MUI files so this bug is a big NO NO for me, so Tweaks2k2 disables this feature if it's ON automatically.

A real fix should be released by MS in a form of a SP I guess. That's if somebody want to keep that annoying prompt asking you permission every time you install or run an unsigned application.

The tool mentioned in the article is a FREEWARE and can be downloaded at my site.