View Full Version : PC speakers linked to my laptop (or PPC, puh-lease) via Bluetooth

martin_ayton
09-28-2005, 11:51 AM
I have a laptop, so I don't like wires: plugging and unplugging them every time I want to move the laptop is a pain. So, my mouse is wireless, my keyboard is wireless and my network connection is wireless. Power cables are unavoidable, since I don't fancy dodging high-power laser or maser beams in my office, and power is the only excuse for the USB cable linking my PPC cradle to my laptop.

Surely then it is possible to link a half-decent set of PC speakers to my laptop wirelessly? Right now, I rely on the built-in speakers but they can hardly be said to deliver a wonderful audio experience. If I wanted wired speakers I could just go to PC World and choose from a selection, but I can't find anything that would do the job that links wirelessly (via Bluetooth or WiFi). I don't want a dongle hanging off my laptop either: it has perfectly functional bluetooth and WiFi built-in and I'd rather use those.

Have any of you solved this particular problem? Would you please tell me how? Thanks.